Chapter One: She chose who?

Pebbleclaw looked down at the fallen leader, Redstar the leader of Squirrelclan had fallen and died in battle. Since Pebbleclaw was the deputy at the time she was now supposed to be leader. She looked at Mudstripe, Squirrelclan's Medicine cat, he nodded. Moonsky knew that Mudstripe and Pebbleclaw needed to go to the Moonpool so Pebbleclaw could receive her nine lives. Moonsky also knew that Pebbleclaw would choose her as deputy. Why wouldn't Moonsky become deputy, after all she was Pebblestar's best friend. 

Mudstripe said to his apprentice Cricketpaw "I'm gonna go and take Pebbleclaw to the Moonpool. Make sure you dress the wounds and treat the worse injuries first. You know the rest, now just before I go can you tell me some remedies." 

Cricketpaw started telling her mentor many different herbs and what they do. Cricketpaw's mouth moved in a way that soothed Moonsky, Her eyes were large and full of wonder. Mudstripe said the the talented apprentice, "That's good, now go there are many wounds and only one cat!"

Cricketpaw yelled, "Of course silly! Don't worry Mudstripe I'll do great. In fact I'll do so good you'll have to make my medicine cat name Cricketherb, or Cricketheal, or maybe Cricketwound!" 

Mudstripe just smiled and headed to the tree tunnel. He and Pebbleclaw went out tree tunnel. Before Moonsky knew it some of the minorly injured cats came and asking whether she would become deputy or not. Moonsky kept speeding out the answers. Soon every cat was treated and the clan just gathered in the clearing, waiting for Mudstripe and Pebbleclaw, soon to be Pebblestar, to come home. 

All the cats saw a Gray head poke the tree tunnel and every cat yelled "Pebblestar! Pebblestar! Pebblestar!" 

Pebblestar sat down on the Fallen Oak and called the traditional words to start a clan meeting, " All cats old enough to leave the hollow gather around for a clan meeting!"

All though the clan was already there she still had to call the words used since Squirrelstar had lead this great clan. The clan stared up to Pebblestar, she nodded at Dawnstep who was Moonsky's apprentice. What was that about? Moonsky wondered. Probably nothing, after all Moonsky was the one who was gonna become deputy. Pebblestar said the clan,"As the new leader of Squirrelclan I need to appoint the new deputy. The new deputy of Squirrelclan will be.."

Pebblestar paused to give some suspense, every cat knew who she was gonna choose. Her eyes flickered everywhere, from cat to cat. She finally continued what she was going to say, "As I was saying the new deputy of Squirrelclan will be, Dawnstep!"

Dawnstep got up and ran to the foot of the Fallen Oak and said, " Thank you Pebblestar! I never thought I would become deputy and have a chance to become leader. I hope that I will make this clan proud!" 

Moonsky Stood in shock Pebblestar chose Dawnstep to be her deputy! But Moonsky was her best friend!