Chapter 32: "Dreams and Decisions"

Along with Xeno being on her mind a lot Gleampaw being Moonstar's mother also seemed to be a reaccuring thought. Of course it also didn't help that Gleampaw was Xeno's biological kit and that Xeno also killed Doefoot's second kit, Raccoonear. 

To possibly get some help Moonstar decided she would go to the moon pool, hoping that some cat would help her. She had also decided to bring Gleampaw along, because it sounded like a smart idea to her. 

Before leaving for the moon pool Moonstar leaped up onto the cardboard box, "Let all cats old enough to jump and fence gather around for a Clan meeting."

The Clan, clearly confused, gathered around murmuring to each other. Sitting up tall Moonstar mewed, "These past few days have been quite hectic, with Raccoonear's death, the battle with ThundeClan, Stripeslash's death, and Uno joining the Clan. I have now decided to go to the moon pool to speak with StarClan in hopes of an answer as to why we have encountered so much struggle. I will be bringing Gleampaw along as well."

Uno stepped forward, "Could I com'a long too, Moonstar?"

Moonstar hesitated, "Uh- sure I guess."

"I will also come," mewed Skywing, "You'll need a medicine cat there."

Content with Skywing also coming Moonstar ended the meeting, and Moonstar, Skywing, Gleampaw, and Uno set off for the moon pool. They had mostly walked in silence but once in ThunderClan territory Gleampaw asked, "Why's your name Uno?"

Uno shrugged, "Dunno, same reason yours is Gleampaw. My parents thought it was a nice name, just like how Goldenpetal thought Gleamkit was a nice name. Which yer now Gleampaw."

In his few days living with them Uno had adjusted well to Clan life, and had learned a lot about his Clanmates. Although curious why he wanted to come to the moon pool Moonstar asked, "Why did you want to come to the moon pool?"

"Thought it would be a nice way to really understand Clan life, plus learn more about that StarClan I hear ya'll blabberin' 'bout." Uno explained. 

Skywing mewed, "Well, you and Gleampaw probably won't get to visit with StarClan, although you could try. Moonstar and I will hopefully get some answers."

They were quiet for the rest of the way to the moon pool, only really talking no when they ran into a WindClan patrol. "What are you doing in Wind Clan's territory?" Crowfeather asked sternly. He then noticed that Skywing and Moonstar were there, "I apologize Moonstar, I didn't realize that you and Skywing were there. Do you wish to speak to Onestar?"

"No, we are on our way to the moon pool." Moonstar explained, "I'm sorry for walking so far in your territory though, Uno recently joined our Clan and we just wanted him to see your territory in case he needs to go to WindClan for some reason."

Sure it was a lie, and a terrible one at that, but it was better to say that than that  Moonstar had gotten distracted and her paws strayed from the path from the moon pool. Crowfeather and his patrol seemed satisfied enough and left the LeafClan cats, wishing them that StarClan may light their paths. Finally making their way to the moon pool the cats walked down the path, the stone under their paws smooth and cold.

Moonstar gazed at the moon pool as it came into view, it was still as breathtaking as the first time she saw it. Uno and Gleampaw seemed to be amazed at the sight, but Skywing just calmly padded to the pool. Laying down Skywing turned to Uno and Gleampaw, "Either you can stand guard or try and speak with StarClan."

Moonstar layed down next to Skywing and Gleampaw layed down next to her mentor, Uno slowly made his way to the moon pool. Moonstar mewed, "Now touch your nose the water, and lay like you're going to sleep. Then hopefully you'll speak with StarClan."

Skywing went first, Gleampaw next, Uno slowly touched his nose the water, and Moonstar went last, closing her eyes. The cold water shocking her just as it did the first time. When she opened them Crystalfur was standing there, Whitefoot at her side. Glancing around Moonstar saw that Skywing, Gleampaw, and Uno were there. 

Returning her gaze back to Crystalfur and Whitefoot, Moonstar dipped her head in respect, "Greetings Crystalfur and Whitefoot."

Whitefoot mewed, "I understand that you have been going through some though times, Moonstar."

"Yes, but trust us." Crystalfur agreed, "you must remember, look for the one who stands out from the rest for they know more than you think."

Hinting at Gleampaw, Crystalfur and Whitefoot disappeared. Again the voice said, "Dawn will end, only if the Moon rises." 

Finally it clicked, Gleampaw would be of help to end the Dawn, whatever that was. Moonstar's head was buzzing, Gleampaw, but how? 

Alright guys hopefully you enjoyed that! I had literally no ideas but then this idea popped into my head and I was like: eh, good enough. I'm almost done with River of Fire, only 2 chapters! So, anyway, uh happy reading!

-zebra-pony12 (aka zebra pony or zebra)