Chapter 10: "Gathering"

SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN TEN BILLION YEARS. I'VE JUST BEEN TO LAZY, I MEAN BUSY! BTW THIS STORY TAKES PLACE WHEN JEWELFUR  AND PIGEONFLIGHT'S KITS ARE A MOON AND A HALF OLD!!!!!! ALSO SORRY FOR THE LONG CHAPTER! IT'S 1243 WORDS LONG!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonstar  licked Fireclaw's head as she exited their den, she leaped gracefully onto the top of the box. Calling to to her clan, "All cats able to jump the fence please come forward for an announcement!" 

All of Leafclan came forward and seemed nervous and excited, once they were all settled Moonstar continued, "To might is the gathering, every cat will come."

Grassblade gave her a curt nod and then started walking towards the fence, Moonstar quickly stopped Lilyseed and nodded to where Goldenkit and Stormkit slept. She mewed, "Are you sure?"

Moonstar looked at her kits longingly, "I'm sure, they need someone to watch them. Sense you're the only expecting she-cat. I could have Jewelfur watch them but she's got her paws full with her four."

The dark grey tabby she-cat nodded and curled herself around the two kits, who were ready to be apprentices any day now. They grew up way too fast, she thought as she leaped the fence. Taking lead of her cats she guided them to Shadowclan territory, there she saw Blackstar and his cats. The mostly white tom asked, "How's Leafclan, Moonstar?"

Moonstar continued walking, Blackstar matching her pace, "It's great, Jewelfur had four healthy kits."

He replied, "That's great! I expect to hear more at the gathering?"

Stopping she smiled and turned to him, "You bet, Blackstar!"

She started running her clan trailing behind, Fireclaw come up and asked, "Why were you so friendly to that Blackstar cat?" 

She nuzzled his cheek and mewed lovingly, "He's the leader of Shadowclan, If I wasn't friendly to him it would have been a problem for Leafclan. And the only clan I ever what to have a problem with is Squirrelclan."

"Why just Squirrelcaln?" the ginger tom wondered.

Moonstar shook her pelt remembering the day when Pebblestar had made Dawnstep deputy, instead of Moonstar. "No reason." she stopped on. Thinking about the meeting she had with Blackstar while he was out hunting with his clan, the two leaders made an agreement to try not to attack the other clan without reason.

He opened his mouth when she put her mouth over it, she heard something. I jingle, a she-cat padded up to them a kittypet collar around her neck. Her body was covered in scratches, giving her red fur a an even more red look. She had a darker face with worried green eyes. She approached Moonstar and asked, "Are you one of those wild cat groups I've heard about?"

Moonstar nodded, "Yes, I'm Moonstar leader of Leafclan, are you interested in joining us?"

Her eyes widened, "Would I?! Of course I would, I lived with a twoleg, that is what you call them right? Anyway, and that didn't go to well then then I lived with another one for awhile. And then they got another cat, who did this to me and yadda yadda, now I'm here."

Moonstar blinked, and shook her head, "So that's a yes?"

She ran up and rubbed her face against Moonstar's shoulder, "It is!"

Moonstar took a step back, and nodded towards her collar. "You might not want that."

She winced, "Ok, then."

The she-cat stretched it out and then cut it on a nearby sharp rock, the bright green collar ripping. It lay on the ground and she looked up, "Is that all to join you."