Chapter 8: Nine Lives

Next thing Moonstar knew she was in Starclan, standing next to her was Skywing. In front of them stood a black she-cat with white paws. Skywing looked at the she-cat and finally said, "Mittens?"

The she-cat sweetly said, "Hello my lovely daughter, how are you Sky? I mean Skywing."

Moonsky turned to the medicine cat, "Is this your mother?"

Skywing nodded and asked, "Mittens, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see you and give Moonstar her first life." Mittens said kindly.

Moonstar looked at the she-cat and said, "Let's get started then."

Mittens nodded, she stepped back. At that moment a heavy spasm hit Moonstar. It was very painful, worst then when she gave birth. Skywing looked at her mother and said, "What's happening to her?"

Mittens said calmly, "Her old life is being stripped away."

Then Moonstar could see a ghostly image of her running away, after that it stopped and Moonstar got up off the ground. Mittens walked up to Moonstar and said, "With this life I give you friendship, use it to become known as a good leader."

As she said that she placed her muzzle on Moonstar's head, and a wave when thorough her. Mittens stepped away and a big muscular tabby tom came up and said, "I'm Tuna, and with this life I give you, love. Use it to love your clan and keep them safe."

At that moment Tuna rested his head on Moonstar's head, and a another wave when thorough her, this time stronger. Tuna stepped away and a small silver she-cat she-cat padded up. She mewed, "I'm Feather, with this life I give you Hope, use it to always see the bright side of dark times."

As Feather touched Moonstar's head a soft wave rippled under her pelt. Feather trotted away and up came a tiny, probabily a kit, gray and white tom. He meowed loudly, "I'm Wind, and with this life I give you wisdom, use it to guide your clan with Starclan's wisdom."

Moonstar bent down to let the tiny tom touch her head, a soothing wave went through her. Wind bounced away, up came an old gray tom, he looked frail. But the tom seemed to carry on with pride and joy. "I'm Dusty, with this life I give you humor, use it to remember that sometimes to cheer up all you need is a good chuckle." the tom croaked.

Dusty slowly walked up to Moonstar and touched her on the head, again a wave went through her. Th old tom walked away and soon sprinted up a lovely looking she-cat, she was a sandy-brown color. The she-cat mewed, "I'm Coyote, with this life I give you Healing use it to kept your clan as strong as it can be."

The familiar wave went through her as Coyote touched her muzzle to Moonstar's head. Coyote galloped away and a brown tom briskly trotted up. The tom said, "I'm Hawk, and with this life I give you understanding,use to understand what your clanmates are going through."

Yet again the wave passed through her, she was very used to it by now. Hawk walked away carefully, and a pure white she-cat gracefully walked forward, she looked to be an apprentice. She said, "I'm Snowflurry, with this life I give you courage, use it to be brave and take chances, even if your clan doesn't belief in you."

Snowflurry gently touched her muzzle on Moonstar's head, the wave was strong, but yet gentle. Snowflurry turned away her white fur glowing, a brown tom with cream stripes that looked like nettles came forward. He said, "I'm Quill, with this life I give you power, use to keep Leafclan at it's full potential."

Quill touched his muzzle on Moonstar's head, a very strong, and powerful wave went through her. Quill walked away, and a cream colored she-cat stepped forward, she said to Moonstar, "I'm Crystal, and with this life I give you curosity, use to keep you and and your clan interested in the ways of Starclan." She touched her muzzle on Moonstar's head then a flash happed, the wave went through her. 

All the cats who had given her a life stood in font of her, a bloody dawn-colored cat lay in front of them. and Crystal said, "Dawn will end, only if the Moon rises."

Moonstar opened her eyes and she was at the Moonpool again, her heart pounded. Skywing was next to her. The medicine cat looked at Moonstar and asked, "What just happened?"

"I don't know." Moonstar replied gently.