Chapter 5: Seeing Dawnstep and Pebblestar

Moonstar left the fenced in place for the first time after she got there. She leaped over the fence and landed on the other side. Her belly still very full. She started to head to the forest, her home. As she walked from the twolegplace and to the forest she started to feel less at home from when she once roamed this place training Dawnstep, than Dawnpaw. Dawnstep had never liked to be called Dawnpaw. She liked to be called Dawn, her kittypet name. 

Moonstar now stood at the border, she was almost tempted to go across and hunt. These were the best hunting grounds in the territory. Moonstar scented the overwhelming smell of winterleaf, the herb best growing in leaf-bare in Squirrelclan territory. 

Moonstar put her ears up she heard a cat, who was this cat anyway? She had been go for so long she forgot so many smells and the scent of which cat it is. I the trees she saw a very familiar gray pelt. It was Pebblestar! The cat who she thought was her friend. Then appeared Dawnstep, her former apprentice and current backstabber.

 The two cats seemed to be alone, then Moonstar noticed they were with Iceskip, Cedarwhisker, Berrytooth, and Twigleg. Pebblestar then said, "Lets splitup, hunting in pairs. Iceskip and Twigleg that way."-she flicked her tail towards the thunderpath- "Berrytooth and Cedarwhisker over there." -Dawnstep flicked her tail towards the cottonwood patch- "And Dawnstep and I will hunt by the border."

Dawnstep mewed, "Every cat ready"

"Ready" said the cats.

"Go!" Dawnstep yelled. 

The cats headed in the direction they were told. Dawnstep and Pebblestar started running to the border. Moonstar then started to try and hide herself. Pebblestar jump up into the tree and said to Dawnstep, "You trained as a tree-climber and a ground-runner. Today you're the ground-runner."

Dawnstep looked sad and siad, "All right but next time pair me with a ground-runner! I want to climb!" 

Pebblestar smiled and said, "Alright, but right noe let's find where Moonsky is hiding."

Moonstar cringed at the saying of her old name, she didn't think they would of found her. Moonstar then showed herself. Pebblestar mewed, "Moonsky, did you come back to rejoin?"

Moonstar mew loudly, "No! My name is not Moonsky, it's Moonstar."

Dawnstep said, "You have clan now! Congratulations!" 

Moonstar looked at her paws. "I must go" she said.