Chapter 13: "Another Gathering"

Moonstar paced back and forth by the fence, she was waiting for the cats she had called to come to the gathering to come. She was currently with Skywing, Grassblade, Goldenpaw and Fireclaw. She was waiting for Kestrelpaw, Specklenose, Reedwhisker, Rippletail, Ink, Bumblepaw, Arrowheart, Stormpaw, and Foxholly. 

Kestrelpaw and Ink had joined the clan right after the ceremony she had Goldenpaw, Stormpaw, Arrowheart, and Eagleeye. Kestrelpaw was looking for where he had come from and Moonstar had lied that he was a lost kit of hers, and he begged for his friend Ink to join, even through she was an elder. But Moonstar agreed and Ink was a kind and friendly she-cat and would even let Pigeonflight and Jewelfur's kits climb on her. 

Specklenose was found wondering around one of the alleys Leafclan hunted in and had asked to join so she could be protected, protected from what? No cat knows yet. Reedwhisker and Rippletail are brother and sister, they were loners who were looking for somewhere to stay and had stayed in Leafclan before joining.

Not long after Reedwhisker had joined Lilysplash had announced that he was the father of the kits she was expecting, even through he hadn't been there long. But Moonstar suspects that he and Rippletail wanted to join so Reedwhisker can be with his kits, Sandkit and Ivykit. 

Finally Bumblepaw had been attacked by a dog and was found bleeding, she's healing quickly and is a very wild apprentice. Once the cats had arrived by the fence the cats started to leap over the fence, and started moving off to the gathering.

Leafclan crossed the tree bridge over to the island that he gathering is held on, Moonstar's clan went in their own directions to talk to the other clans. Every clan but Squirrelclan, perfect, Moonstar thought to herself.

She climbed up the tree and sat down at the top, the other leaders were there as well. Blackstar turned to Moonstar and asked, "How are things in Leafclan?"

"Things are just fine, we have gotten a few new cats since the last gathering." Moonstar mewed dryly. "How's Shadowclan?"

Blackstar purred, "Just fine, thank you for asking Moonstar."

Nodding Moonstar felt the tree move as Pebblestar finally joined Firestar, Onestar, Leopardstar, Blackstar, and Moonstar. Leopardstar called for the gathering to start, and turned to Moonstar. Expecting for Moonstar to speak, but Moonstar just nodded her head for Leopardstar to go first.

Leopardstar mewed, "The river and lake has been full of fish and we are all well fed, some of our warriors encountered a dog but drove the dog off."

Moonstar saw three Riverclan warriors puff up their chest fur proudly, and then Pebblestar spoke, and shared Squirrelclan's news. After the other leaders had shared their news. Moonstar spoke, "Hello cats of the clans! Leafclan is doing well, and still looking for cats to join us. Recently we have gotten three new warriors, Specklenose, Rippletail, and Reedwhisker. Two new apprentices, Bumblepaw and Kestrelpaw. And finally our first elder, Ink. Any cats interested in joining our Clan?"

In the back of the assembled cats Moonstar saw a skinny white she-cat stand up, she had matted fur. "I'm interested, Moonstar!"

Moonstar pricked up her ears, "And who might you be?" She asked.

The she-cat smiled, "I'm Cloud. A rogue, but I'm not unfriendly!"

Purring Moonstar mewed, "You can join Leafclan, Cloud!"

Cloud trotted up to the Leafclan cats, and sat down next to Heartsong and Snakefang. She'll get along great in Leafclan, Moonstar thought.