Chapter 17: "Blood Worth A Thousand Cats"

Suddenly Pebblestar marched into the clearing of cats and faced Moonstar, "What do what Moonstar? We haven't done anything wrong, why are you attacking us?" 

Purring Moonstar mewed, "Why I'm attacking? I don't know." She then caught Stonepaw's worried gaze, ah-ha!  "What do I want? You'll see!"

Dawnstep clearly noticed what Moonstar had her eyes locked on, the she-cat's dawn colored fur bristled. "Whatever you're thinking, stop it now!"

"Like I'd do what you say, Dawnstep. Or should I say Dawntraitor?!" Moonstar's eyes flashed with hatred, she then saw Stonepaw shivering with fear. She knew if she could even remotely hurt Stonepaw, Pebblestar would be ready to fight. 

The other SquirrelClan mousebrains finally got a hint at what was happening and started to circle in on Moonstar. Their fur raised, backs arched, and claws unsheathed. Moonstar turned her gaze to Grassblade who was standing next to her, tipping her head towards the SquirrelClan cats. Grassblade nodded and got into a similar position as the SquirrelClan cats, soon the rest of the cats followed and started circling in on them, until just Moonstar and Pebblestar were left in the middle of the chaos. Her eyes brimming with worry, fear, and tears "Please, Moonstar! I don't want to do this." Pebblestar pleaded.

"Oh!" Moonstar widened her eyes, "But I do!" Slamming into Pebblestar to knock her out of the way.

Stonepaw was right in front of her, his small body curled up in fear. Amongst all the hissing and growling that surrounded her, Moonstar heard a faint whisper "Please don't hurt me, I.. I...." his voice trailed off as the young tom saw his mother stagger over to him to protect her only kit. 

Moonstar felt a pain stab through her heart, she wanted to fight SquirrelClan to make herself feel better, but she didn't want to hurt this innocent apprentice to fight. Her head swirled with memories of Stormpaw and Goldenpaw of when they were young, Stormpaw's almost a warrior now and Goldenpaw is such a great medicine cat. Moonstar remembers when they were kits, along with their apprentice ceremony. 

Looking down at the grey tom she bent down, she saw him tense up poor thing, all scared for his life. All over a silly battle I wanted to start. Instead of biting the apprentice like her original plan she licked his head once. His blood was worth a thousand cats to Pebblestar, and she didn't what to spill any of it. Not because she cared about Pebblestar, Stonepaw, or SquirrelClan because to Pebblestar this cat, was her everything. 

Without even thinking twice she picked him up by the scruff, and carried him into Pebblestar's den and laid him in her nest. She whispered in his ear, "stay here because I don't what to hurt you." 

He lifted up his head and nodded, then uncurled and sat up straight. Moonstar left the den and entered the clearing and evey cat was in shock. "I didn't do it because I felt bad for him or you. I did it because he's your Stormpaw and Goldenpaw." Pebblestar blinked gratefully and Moonstar flicked her tail to signal her Clan. 

Turning to Pebblestar Moonstar mewed, "We better get going before I get accused of caring about SquirrelClan. And believe me when I say, I won't ever attack you without a reason again. We'll escort our selves to save you the trouble of following us."

Leaving the camp Moonstar purred, the part about never attacking them without a reason was a lie, but the rest was pretty much the truth. Grassblade trotted up and mewed, "I'm glad we didn't actually attack them!" 

"Same here," Moonstar lied "Same here."

Hey! I hoped you enjoyed that chapter! I'll try and post more often seeing as I can now write from my school IPad during ACE time if I don't have homework, goodbye and stay awesome!!!