Chapter 28: "Xeno"

"Xeno?" Moonstar asked.

"He's Lilacbreeze's former mate, and he absolutely hates me." Goldenpetal mewed.

Moonstar pricked up her ears, "He hates you? But, why would he hate you?!"

"Because," Goldenpetal flattened her ears, "He blames me for 'stealing' Lilacbreeze, and the kits! I didn't steal them, Lilacbreeze chose to come with me because she loves me, and the kits also love me!" 

Licking her daughter's cheek Moonstar mewed, "We should probably bury Raccoon, but first I think he deserves a warrior name." turning to the rest of the cats Moonstar mewed, "We're going to bury this cat, but first get the rest of the Clan. I'l explain why when you get back."

The cats nodded and headed off towards the camp, Moonstar then heard a cat walking towards her. She pricked up her ears, and a black and white tom emerged. He didn't notice Moonstar yet, so she quickly moved Raccoon's body. He finally noticed Moonstar, "Why hello there, how are you today? The name's Xeno, what's yours?"

"That's none of your business Xeno." Moonstar felt apprehension her belly, she was talking to Xeno, the cat you drove away Lilacbreeze and killed Raccoon.

"Alright then, fine. What are you doing out here, you pretty little she-cat." Xeno mewed suavely.

Moonstar scoffed, "Call me a 'pretty little she-cat' all you want, I don't know what you're trying to get at."

"Truth is, I'm looking for my mate. Her name is Lilac. She run away from me quite some time ago and I'm looking for her." Xeno mewed.

"I don't know who that is," Moonstar lied," And you're probably not going to find her here."

"Oh, how unfortunate," Xeno acted like he actually cared about Lilacbreeze, "Well seeing as no cat I've asked has seen her, maybe you'd like to be my new mate?"

"Well, I'm flattered," not really, Moonstar thought, "I already have a mate and kits, and a possible second litter on the way. So unfortunetly, I cannot be your new mate." and good thing, Moonstar thought. 

Xeno seemed intrigued by Moonstar having a mate and kits, "What they're names?"

Moonstar let out a snort, "If I won't tell you my name, what makes you think I'll tel you the name of my mate and kits?"

Just then Moonstar heard Fireclaw running and he skidded to a to a halt, "Oh there you are! Clover said to come here to see you, Moon-" he noticed Xeno, "Who's that?"

"Alright I guess I should probably go, hope to see you again soon, Moon." Xeno mewed as he walked away.

Fireclaw looked at Moonstar, "Who was that?"

"No one." Moonstar replied.

He seemed to believe Moonstar, as he didn't ask any more questions. Soon Clover, Jewelfur, and Hopstep emerged with the rest of the Clan, including Gleampaw. Moonstar grabbed Raccoon from where she had hidden his body, Cloud's eyes widened, "Is that Raccoon?!"

Moonstar nodded, "How to you know him?'

Her eyes were watery, on the verge of tears, "He and I were friends, how do you know him Moonstar?"

"I had vision, where I found out the Raccoon was my brother." Moonstar confessed. 

The Clan gasped, clearing shocked. Fireclaw and a few others told her that they were sorry. The rest just stood in silence, Skywing then spoke up, "Do you want to bury him?"

"Yes," Moonstar mewed, "But first I want to give him a warrior name, in hopes that he will find his way to StarClan."

The rest of the cats agreed, including Cloud, Clover, Ink, and Fritz who had kept their kittypet/loner names. "Raccoon, from now on you shall be known as Raccoonear. In honor of the sound of you voice, which is missed by many."

The Clan chanted, "Raccoonear! Raccoonear!", they seemed happy despite the loss of a cat who would have been a worthy LeafClan warrior.