Chapter 31: "Confrontation"

It had been a few days since the battle with ThunderClan, and Firestar even brought it up at the recent gathering. Although that wasn't really on Moonstar's mind, she had significantly better things to think about like training Gleampaw and dealing with Xeno. Sure, Moonstar hasn't seen Xeno since their first meeting, but that didn't keep the black and white tom out of her thoughts. 

The words that he had said just stuck with Moonstar, she couldn't go a few moments without hearing the tom's voice ringing her ears. The worst part probably was that he knew Moonstar's name, well at least part of it. When Fireclaw had come to the scene he had only gotten the word Moon out of his mouth before noticing Xeno, at least he doesn't know my full name, Moonstar. 

All the thoughts of Xeno swimming in her mind was enough to get Moonstar up, she was in the camp but started heading towards the fence. She needed to clear her head and if she ran into Xeno she could at least have some new thoughts about him swimming around in her head. She leaped the fence and started walking, not having a particular destination in mind, just walking. 

Her mind swirled as she walked, trying to start thinking of something other than Xeno. She noticed a light brownish tabby tom walking in one of the alleys, that's something other than Xeno she thought. Moonstar started walking towards the tom when he noticed her. Turning towards her he mewed, "Lovely day ain't it?" 

Moonstar was taken a little aback, this was the first that a cat greeted her like that. "Why yes," Moonstar began, "I came out here to clear my thoughts, but that hasn't been working all too well."

"What's been eatin' at 'cha?" He asked. 

This cat is definitely interesting... Her thoughts trailed off. "Just this cat, he was really mean to my daughter's mate Lilacbreeze, and killed my brother Raccoonear."

The cat had a sympathetic gleam in his eye, "I'm sorry darlin'.'

"It's okay, it's just that he doesn't really care for anyone but himself. The one time I did meet him he asked me to be his mate, literally two seconds after asking me if I knew where Lilacbreeze was. But of course I declined, seeing as I already have a mate and kits." Moonstar explained.

The tom shook his head disapprovingly, "Some cats just have no respect, say ya want me to help ya deal with him?"

"Sure." Moonstar mewed hesitantly, "I'm Moonstar by the way."

The tom started walking, "The name's Uno."

Moonstar trotted up to Uno and fell in sync with him. Uno glanced around before turning towards Moonstar, "So what dies this Xeno cat look like?" 

Taking a second to think Moonstar mewed, "He's a black and white with hazelish green eyes, and his coat is quite thick." Moonstar looked at her pelt then his pelt, she noticed that his pelt was very thin, and he was even missing fur in some places. "Significantly thicker than yours." She joked.

"M'kay, any idea where he'd be at?" 

Suddenly out of the corner of her eye Moonstar noticed Xeno, crouching down behind a wooden box she hissed, "Get down, he's right over there."

Uno shifted his gaze towards Xeno's location. Completely ignoring her advice Uno walked up to Xeno, what is he doing?! Moonstar thought, her brain still trying to comprehend what was going on. 

Uno mewed, "Howdy, what brings ya here?"

Xeno seemed just as confused as Moonstar was when she first met Uno. "Nothing much," Xeno started to explain, "what about you?" 

Please don't mention me, please oh please don't mention me. Moonstar begged as she tried to peer around the box. Unfortunately Uno did bring up Moonstar, "I'm here with my friend, 'ccordin' to her you ain't that nice of a cat."

Seeming intrigued by this Xeno asked, "And where is this friend of yours?"

"Right behind that wooden crate over there." Uno motioned with his tail towards Moonstar's hiding spot. 

Slowly creeping out Moonstar started walking towards the toms. Recognizing her at once Xeno hissed, "It's you."

Uno seemed to ignore Xeno's comment and asked Moonstar, "What was it that cha said 'bout 'im Moonstar?"

Flinching Moonstar thought, my full name. "That's right Xeno, it's me."

Xeno growled, "What do you want?"

"I know that you're the one who killed Raccoonear! You're also the cat who drive away Lilacbreeze!" Moonstar shouted in anger.

"I thought you told me you didn't know Lilac!" Xeno cried.

Moonstar started to crouch down into a battle stance, "I told you that for Lilacbreeze's safety. She left you, Xeno. She wanted a better life for her and her kits, it's your fault Lilacbreeze left." Her voice was straining, Moonstar was yelling and trying to hold back tears at the same time.

"Her kits?!" Xeno snarled, "They're my kits!" 

Collecting herself Moonstar stood up straight, "They're no longer your kits Xeno, they're Lilacbreeze and Goldenpetal's."

Fiery blazed in Xeno's eyes, "She took a she-cat as her new mate?!" He yelled.

This time Uno spoke, "Yeah, 'n do ya have-a problem wit dat?"

Moonstar felt a rush of graditude towards the tom, he was a kind and accepting cat. She hoped that he would like to join LeafClan. Xeno, clearly annoyed, mewed, "Whatever, I don't care. I'm leaving, but I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you Moonstar."

Turning around Xeno left, Uno turned to Moonstar, "I can see what'cha mean by he ain't a nice cat."

"No kidding." Moonstar mewed plainly. 

Moonstar started to walk back towards the camp, Uno followed her. "Do ya want me to walk'cha back to ya home, just in case Xeno comes back."

Perfect opportunity to ask him to join LeafClan. Moonstar mewed, "That would be very much appreciated. Thank you."

He just nodded and they started towards the camp, "Say," Uno started to ask, "Where do ya live anyway?"

"My Clanmates and I live in a fenced in area behind a building of some kind."

"Clanmates?" Uno asked.

Moonstar turned to face him, "Yeah, I'm the leader of a Clan of cats called LeafClan. We live together, hunt together, and defend our territory which is all of these alleys. Once a moon we meet with the other Clans, WindClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan, ThunderClan, and SquirrelClan to discuss how each Clan is doing."

"Sounds kinda fun." Uno mewed, "Do ya think yer Clanmates'll mind if I join yer Clan, LeafClan right?"

Amused Moonstar purred, "I'm sure they won't mind." More serious she added, "Besides, I'm Clan leader so what I say goes."

They then started running back to the camp, Moonstar was glad Uno decided to join LeafClan. He was a good cat and Moonstar was sure that her Clanmates would like him. 

Yo, I'm finally posting chapters again, yay! I'm so glad you guys finally get to meet Uno, my fav cat in this book! But wait, you also get to see Xeno as well?! Is this amazing or what!? Alright, sorry for ranting, I'm just excited to finally get some new chapters out with better writing. I mean seriously, go back and read one of my really early chapters then come back and read this. What a difference 2 years can make, right? Anyway, just got River of Fire yesterday so I plan to read it today and tomorrow seeing as I have tomorrow off! Alright, I'll stop rambling on and on. Happy reading!

-zebra-pony12 (aka zebra pony/zebra)