Chapter 14: "Starlit Dreams"

Flinching Moonstar opened her eyes, one second ago she was sleeping in her den with Fireclaw. Blinking she noticed that she was in Starclan, am I dead? Looking around some more Moonstar noticed Skywing and Goldenpaw, her two medicine cats. Blinking she asked, "Skywing, Goldenpaw do you know why we're here?"

Goldenpaw hung her head low as she gently shook her head no, Skywing purred as she saw something behind Moonstar, "I know why we're here!" the silver tabby mewed excitedly.

She glanced behind her self, then Moonstar saw an assembly of starlit cats, the dead ancestors of the pre-Leafclan. Dipping her head gratefully Moonstar mewed, "Greetings, how may Skywing, Goldenpaw, and I assist you?"

Purring Crystal padded forward, "We have noticed how much of a clan Leafclan has become, we only think it is fitting if we have clan names like our living clanmates."

Straightening herself up Moonstar asked, "You want me, a living cat, to give warrior names to Starclan cats?!" 

Mittens joined Crystal and nodded, "We really do Moonstar, it would be our honor if you were to give us clan names."

Taking a deep breath Moonstar mewed, "Ok um, Crystal step forward."

The cream she-cat stepped towards Moonstar, "Do you promise to, uh, give your strength and guidance to Leafclan?"

She nodded and Moonstar went on, "Then from now on you shall be known as Crystalfur, Leafclan and I honor your kindness and generosity." 

Crystalfur stepped aside as Mittens padded forward, 'Do you promise to give Leafclan strength and help when we are in need?"

"Yes" Mittens mewed sweetly.

"From now on you shall be known as Whitefoot, Leafclan honors your calm and thoughtful personality." Moonstar said.

Next Wind stepped forward, "Do you promise to give your strength and guidance to Leafclan?"

Wind nodded, Moonstar smiled, "You shall be known as Windkit. Leafclan honors your bright and cheerful mindset."

Snowflurry stepped towards Moonstar, "Do you promise to help Leafclan with your guidance and strength?"

Snowflurry purred, "Yeah, I do!"

Moonstar giggled, "You shall be known as Blizzardpaw. Leafclan honors your niceness and sympathy."

Tuna padded forward his broad shoulders rippling, "Do you promise to give Leafclan your guidance?"

He nodded calmly, "From now on you shall be known as Tunatail. Leafclan and I honor your helpfulness and open mind" Moonstar mewed.

Tunatail trotted back to the assembled cats, then Quill padded forward, "Do you promise to give Leafclan strength and guidance to help us in times of need?"

Quill mewed, "Yes."

Nodding Moonstar mewed, "You shall now be known as Quillfur. We honor your gentle yet feirce personality."

The tom padded away and Dusty slowly walked forward. His old bones slowing him down, Moonstar walked a few steps forward to help the old tom. "Do you promise to give Leafclan your guidance and strength?"

Dusty mewed, "Of course I do Moonstar!"

Letting a giggle slip out she mewed, "You shall now be known as Dustheart. Leafclan honors your wisdom and gentle nature."

Slowly padding away Dustheart mewed, "Thank you Moonstar!"

Blinking proudly Moonstar turned to Coyote, "Do you promise to give Leafclan your strength and guidance?"

Coyote smiled with a nod, Moonstar then said, "From now on you shall be known as Coyotefur. Leafclan honors your open mind and playfulness."

With a mrrow of laughter Coyotefur turned and joined her clanmates. The fimiliar silver she-cat Feather queitly and respectivly slunk forward, Moonstar gazed at the small she-cat. "Do you promise to give Leafclan your  strength and guidance."

Feather quietly nodded not making eye contact, creeping slightly closer to Feather Moonstar said, "From now on you shall be known as Feathermist. Leafclan honors your quiet and peaceful personality."

Feathmist smiled and gave Moonstar a grateful glance. Moonstar purred looking for more cats she had to name. She noticed four more cats, three toms and a she-cat. Oh great, Moonstar thought, four more names to come up with!

After Moonstar had given names to Fly, Mouse, Rain, and Fish. They became Flynose, Mouseclaw, Rainspots, and Fishtail. She turned to Skywing and Goldenpaw, and flopped down. Moonstar let out a small purr, "Being leader is a lot harder than it looks!"

Goldenpaw smiled at her mother, "Oh Moonstar, do you ever not complain!"

Shooting a playful glance at her daughter Moonstar mewed, "Only when I'm naming cats or yelling at cats!"

Within seconds Moonstar woke up in her nest next to Fireclaw, she thought to herself. Maybe it will be nice to have another litter of kits, but after I train an apprentice. Laying her head back down Moonstar slipped into a gooddream about training an apprentice.