Chapter 35: "Suspicion"

It was the morning after Moonstar, Gleampaw, Uno, and Skywing's meeting, when Moonstar finally woke up it was late morning. After she emerged from her den suddenly Fireclaw trotted up to her, "Good morning, sorry I didn't wake you. It's just that you looked so tired, so I decided to let you rest."

Fallowpaw decided to join the conversation, "Moonstar's not the only one who's sleeping in, Uno just got up a few moments ago."

"Gleampaw and Skywing are both still asleep." Goldenpetal mewed.

Taking notice of his family standing together talking Stormnose called, "Has anyone else noticed that the cats who slept in are the cats who went to the moon pool?" 

Uno padded up to Moonstar, the rest of the Clan was taking notice of Stormnose's remark. Curious, Uno turned to Moonstar, "What's going on?"

Nervously Moonstar whispered, "I think the rest of the Clan is suspicious of us, Stormnose just pointed out that all the cats who slept in today had gone to the moon pool."

Over all the cats talking Moonstar heard Lilacbreeze call to Goldenpetal, "Hey, didn't Gleampaw avoid your question when you asked her about her trip to the moon pool?"

"She did?!" Said multiple cats. 

"Yeah," Goldenpetal mewed, "she's normally so eager to talk to me. Something's going on here, and I think we all want to know about it." 

Within this time Skywing and Gleampaw had joined the Moonstar and Uno, suddenly her Clanmates started surrounding her, mad. Moonstar closed her eyes tightly and yowled, "No! No! No!"

Moonstar felt herself being shaken, and opened her eyes. She was back in her den, Fireclaw stood over her. His expression was worried, relieved, and loving all at the same time. "Are you okay, Moonstar? I heard you tossing around and chanting 'No! No! No!' in your sleep."

Relieved that she had just been dreaming Moonstar mewed, "Yes, I'm perfectly fine. Just a bad dream I guess."

"Good," Fireclaw nuzzled Moonstar's cheek and licked her, "now come on."

Once outside of her den Moonstar looked around the camp, her pelt tingling in anxiety. She could feel that eyes were wide, and a few cats had even given her a slightly strange glance. Looking around she noticed that Gleampaw, Skywing, and Uno all had similar expressions, they were all scared and anxious. The three cats all noticed Moonstar and all quickly padded up to her, "Could I talk to you about something?" They all seemed to say in unison.

Glancing around she mewed, "Uh- sure. Let's talk outside of camp."

They ended up in the crate they had met in that night. Uno asked, "Did ya'll have-a strange dream last night?"

"Yeah." Mewed Gleampaw.

Skywing and Moonstar just nodded. "Were we being cornered?" Asked Skywing.

"And I called out, 'No! No! No!'?" Moonstar pondered, curious if they had all shared the same dream. 

"Yes! Exactly!" Shouted Gleampaw.

"I don't understand it..." Uno's voice trailed off, "How could we all share a dream when we weren't at the moon pool?" 

Skywing's eyes got screwed up, she was confused, "I don't know, but StarClan must of wanted us to share this dream for some reason."

Suddenly noticing Gleampaw's look of terror, Moonstar asked, "What's wrong Gleampaw?"

"Do you-" Gleampaw stammered, "do you think that.... that Goldenpetal is mad at me like she was in the dream?"

Unsure of what to say or how to react Moonstar just licked Gleampaw's forehead, "No Gleampaw, Goldenpetal loves you very much. She may be a little mad or confused but she loves you too much to try kill you. In fact, she loves all of us too much to kill us."

"What do ya mean Moonstar?" Asked Uno.

Sitting up tall Moonstar addressed the other cats, "This is what I mean. Gleampaw, your Goldenpetal's daughter. She loves you and treats you like you're her daughter, because you are, and she wouldn't dare hurt you. Skywing, you're her mentor. You've taught her so much and she'll forever be grateful for that. Uno, you basically saved her life. You helped me face Xeno, who would of gladly killed both me and Goldenpetal. Finally me, I'm her mother, leader, and biggest supporter. I would give the world for her, and I hope she'd do the same for me."

"All of our Clanmates love us too much," Skywing started, "Moonstar, you're their leader and so many cats look up to you. Uno, you a brave warrior and a close friend to so many cats. Gleampaw, you're a lively and spunky apprentice who brightens everyone's day. And I'm a loyal medicine cat who is always willing to help my Clanmates."

Uno, embarrassed mewed, "Since we're talkin' 'bout how much our Clanmates love us, let's go back to camp. We shouldn't worry 'bout that dream, prolly (probably, btw any parentheses I have will be me translating Uno-nese, as I call it) was nothin'."

They all left and made their way back to camp, Uno was right they shouldn't worry about it. Although this wouldn't be the end of their struggles with Doefoot and weird dreams, Moonstar could feel it.

Hopefully you enjoyed that chapter! I just have a quick question for ya'll: should I create a new book? What I mean by that is should I wrap up Moonstar's Decision and continue the story in a new book or just continue her story in this one. But either way this is not the end of Moonstar and LeafClan's story, and it will be continued in this book or another. Just wanted to ask to see if you guys had a preference as you'll be reading it. Happy reading!

-zebra-pony12 (zebra pony/zebra)