Chapter 25: "Shock"

⚠️  WARNING THE CHARACTERS LILACBREEZE AND GOLDENPETAL HAVE IMPORTANT ROLES IN THIS CHAPTER, IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY THEN I ADVISE YOU REFRAIN FROM READING THIS CHAPTER ⚠️ 

Her body shaking Moonstar slowly got up off the ground, she needed to speak with some cats. Which cats? Goldenpetal, Lilacbreeze, and Skywing. Lilacbreeze and Goldenpetal because they're Gleampaw's parents, Skywing because she's a medicine cat surely she'd be some what helpful. 

Looking around the camp Moonstar nocticed Lilacbreeze and Goldenpetal affectionately grooming each other, playing like kits by scuffing each other on the ear. A purr rumbled from Moonstar's throat despite her worry. Padding up to the she-cats Moonstar mewed, "I need to speak with you and Skywing, alone."

Lilacbreeze looked concerned, "What's going on?"

"Uh- you'll see..." Moonstar didn't quite know what to say. 

Although Goldenpetal nodded, "You get Skywing, we'll meet you in the Side Alley."

The she-cats got up and walked towards the fence. Moonstar decided to check the medicine den, maybe Skywing's in there. Nosing her way in Moonstar saw Skywing mixing up some herbs. "Oh hey, Moonstar! I'm just finishing making this poultice for Hawktalon's wrenched shoulder."

"Well, once you're done meet me in the Side Alley." Moonstar mewed.

Skywing nodded as Moonstar left for the Side Alley. Arriving there Moonstar said to Lilacbreeze and Goldenpetal, "She's on her way."

The two nodded, their eyes wide with fear. Moonstar having to speak with Goldenpetal and Skywing would be a pretty normal thing, seeing as they're the LeafClan medicine cats. Although bringing Lilacbreeze into this ment it probably had something to do with Gleampaw, Gorsepaw, or Swallowpaw. Skywing padded towards the other three she-cats, and then sat down next to Goldenpetal. Lilacbreeze and Goldenpetal were leaning on each other, whispering and licking the other's ear affectionately. 

Noticing that Skywing had arrived they stopped and turned to Moonstar, who was a nervous wreck. Gathering all of her courage Moonstar mewed, "I need to speak to you about..." Moonstar's throat got tight, "Gleampaw."

Lilacbreeze's eyes widen with worry, Goldenpetal was trying to comfort her mate. Despite the fact that Moonstar hadn't even shared the news yet. Skywing just sat there, as if she hadn't even heard what Moonstar had said. Her eyes still wide, Lilacbreeze asked, "What about Gleampaw?"

Moonstar took a deep breath, "Not too long ago I received a prophecy from StarClan, it said that there's a cat who knew more than any cat thought they did. Pretty quickly I figured out it was Gleampaw, but then she started remembering things no cat had taught her. I was curious about it, she even mentioned Redstar the old SquirrelClan leader. When I got back to camp I fell asleep, and I firgured out that Gleampaw is my mother reincarnated. That's not the scary part though. My mother killed six cats, all for no reason."

Goldenpetal and Lilacbreeze were in complete shock over what they had just heard, but Skywing just stared into space. Her expression giving no hints to what she was thinking about. Moonstar waited for some cat to respond to what she had just said, at first no cat said anything. Then Skywing mewed, "If you're worried about Gleampaw being like your mother, don't worry. StarClan wouldn't of sent you a prophecy about Gleampaw if she was an evil cat, now would they?"

"I guess not."Moonstar muttered.

"Exactly, maybe this is a good sign. This is a good thing for LeafClan, trust me." Skywing sounded sure of herself, but Goldenpetal, Lilacbreeze, and Moonstar still didn't know what to think.