Chapter 27: "Raccoon"

Moonstar, Clover, Hopstep, and Jewelfur stood in horror at the blood soaked lump of a cat in front of them. Good thing we left Gleampaw to watch the prey, she's too young to see this much blood. Moonstar winced, she remembered that in Gleampaw's previous life she was a blood-spilling murderer. 

Jewelfur broke the silence, "Who would do such a thing?!"

The rest of the cats just stood in silence, unable to find the words or courage to speak. Hopstep spoke up, "We should clean off the blood, to find out who this cat i-was."

Clover nodded, whereas Moonstar just stood there. She was unable to move, speak, or think. It was as if she was somehow connected to this cat, despite that no cat could tell who it was through the blood. 

Moonstar finally mewed, "Clover, go and get Skywing and Goldenpetal. They should know what to do more then us." 

The she-cat scampered off, and the other cats started to try and clean off a little blood. Although not Moonstar, she still couldn't take her eyes off the cat. After some of the blood was removed she could see this cat had a pale grey pelt, with black paws, tail, and ears. Their eyes were a piercing deep blue, wide with clear fear. Moonstar's eye pupils dialated quickly, she saw a vision of a younger version of this cat with an older cat. 

Moonstar couldn't tell who the older cat was, because all she saw of them were their legs. The young kit mewed, "What's in the forest over there, Doefoot?"

Doefoot responded, "Nothing, Raccoon. We don't go in the forest, especially with you being so young."

Raccoon nodded in agreement as he and Doefoot continued on their way. Moonstar's vision cleared and she could see Raccoon's dead body again, Raccoon is my brother, Moonstar thought, Doefoot must of found another mate after my father. 

Suddenly Clover returned with Goldenpetal and Skywing, Skywing went to cleaning off then blood. Goldenpetal stopped right next to Moonstar and asked, "Who was this cat?"

Moonstar croaked out the words, "Raccoon, why did you have to die?"

"Did you know this cat?" Goldenpetal pondered. 

"No," Moonstar closed her eyes, "But I had a vision where I found out this cat is my brother."

"Your brother?!" Goldenpetal's eyes widened. 

Moonstar nodded, she wished she had known him before now. Goldenpetal started to growl, "I know who did this, Xeno."