▪1▪

"I am thinking of using Jane's body as a model to study biology. I mean she could be a good skeleton." Rob says, loud enough for me to hear. Everyone else start jeering at that rude joke.

I slowly walk away out of the classroom and as soon as I get out, I quicken my steps to break into a run, crying like a weakling and lock myself up in the bathroom. I cry for hours to let out the pain I feel in my heart.

I touch my bones to feel it and spit at the image of me in the mirror. Weak, scrawny and good enough to be made fun of.

I remember the day when someone tried to convince me by saying -

"Why are you even upset? You are just skinny. You know what I have to face every day. Gaining weight is so much easier than losing weight. I have to be at the gym the whole day and still not eat what I want. You just have to eat."

Believe me that I have had it worse doesn't help at all.
And you just have to eat is not a solution, because I do eat. Nothing ever happens. Where is the proof? I still exist. I don't think humans can exist without food.

Stop skinny shaming. It is as worse as fat shaming.

▪▪

This is something I am writing for the #freeyourbody tag. I hope you will like it.

Thank you for reading. Vote, comment and share.

kartika_k
xx

▪▪