▪24▪

"Shaming is the worse kind of bullying ever. And no excuse can be made to do it. No kind of shaming is better than others. No kind of shaming makes you feel good. Please, do not underestimate the pain one feels when you call them fat, bones or in simple words 'imperfect'. We were never born perfect. We all get scarred the moment we enter the world. The doctor cuts off your cord and gives you this scar on your belly. You are scarred for life. No one is perfect. No one is flawless. We are all flawed and we need to appreciate what we are in our own flawless way." I say as I look at the audience in front of me. Yes, audience. We attracted too much public and now hundreds of them are part of it.

"This is a walk aimed at showcasing your imperfections and this is to tell the world that every body is beautiful. No matter what the size is, no matter how much scarred or flawed it is. No matter what." I say and I see that every eye is on me, hoping for me to talk more. Hoping to make them feel even better. I dunno what happens to me but I get the urge to speak even more and m e s s invites itself into my life.

"This is not over. I announce a ramp walk the first weekend of the next month and I want all you imperfectionists to walk for me. Will you?" I shout out loud in over-excitement.

Every member of the crowd jumps in the same excitement which I transferred through thin air. Except Justin.

"What the hell, Jane? What are you doing?" Justin asks, whispering in my ear.

"Everything is fine." I shush him.

"It is not. You should ask Dean first before organizing something."

"Well, I haven't even started with the organising part."

"Well, you just announced it and probably you will be in trouble if Dean doesn't permit you and if you have to take the words back."

"I will convince him. Don't worry." I say assuringly and that shushes him up finally. He smiles at me and pecks me on the cheek.

Amidst all the happiness, I almost forgot about the bitch. The bitch called 'time'. It cannot stand it when you are happy for long. It kills your happiness by turning into a villain. Well, villains are people too, you know. They have their preferences. Their top preference being destroying h a p p i n e s s.

"HEY YOU!" Someone says at the top of their voice pointing at me. "YES YOU." Says a girl with long silky straight hair, flawless makeup and with quite a striking fashion sense. Not a college student for sure. She looks more like a professional. I can describe her in one word. But lack of vocabulary and quick wits.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I c h a l l e n g e you." Everyone swirls around to look at the source of voice. Sinister. That is the word.

"Sorry?"

"Yeah. You heard me. I challenge you to win against me."

"I am afraid there is no compet.."

She cuts me off and says -
"Yeah. I am offering you one. I want you to participate in my show against me. I want to see your duck like face being smacked by the audience." She smirks.
"I wonder what you guys think of yourself. Fashion is perfection. Look at all of you. You look no less than jokers." She says pointing at the group.
"I don't want to waste my time over some group of losers and hanging bellies. Meet me at my office." She says and flings a card over at me and leaves in her limo.

Kate Hennsley.
Fashion designer.

You know, no matter how good you are, people want to spoil you. Spoil you or rather say bring you down to their level. But those who fight it and stand up for themselves till the end are winners.

"How are we supposed to do this?" Asks Rob amidst the long lasting f o r e v e r like silence.

"Just trust me."

Stop skinny shaming. Stop body shaming. Body shaming is as worse as fat shaming.
▪▪
A/N:

NEW CHARACTER. NEW HOPES.
Regular updates start from today. :D My exams were awesome. Thanks a ton to you if you guys did pray for me. I love you. xx
I hope you like this chapter. If you did, click on the orange star right below and leave a comment. Don't forget to tell your friends about it. xx
kartika_k
Next update? Tomorrow morning ( India ). Same time tomorrow. :) *all thanks to time zones*

▪▪