▪19▪

"Sorry?" I say, not believing what I just heard.

Is this some sort of test? I mean what does he mean by 'We need to talk some business'. I expected flying paperweights over my head. In other words, I expected rage for firing up a havoc in his college.

"Yeah. You heard me right. I know you must have expected me to act like a lunatic for creating a mess like that. But instead, I offer you something."

His every word gets absorbed in my mind and echoes like it means something.

Lunatic. Mess. Offer. Something. What is it?

"What is it?" I ask out loud.

"I offer you to hold a campaign."

"A campaign?" I ask restlessly. "What kind of campaign?"

"A 'free your body' campaign." He replies.

I take my time to comprehend his words and there I am, sitting there, smiling, flashing all my teeth and I say - "Thank you, sir. That will be wonderful."

"I know." He smiles back. "I am so inspired by you Ms. Jane. I just cannot tell you. I just want you to know something before you go ahead."

I nod.

"My daughter. Emily Winston. She was bullied by her classmates for years, for being fat. She told us about it and we did nothing but told her to ignore it. One day, she couldn't take it anymore and committed suicide by cutting open her throat."

I gasp in disbelief. "Oh my God. I am sorry, sir."

"I am so grateful to you for doing this. I couldn't save my daughter. I want to save many like her. I am so inspired by you. You are such a strong girl." He says and he pauses for a moment and then he continues in his official tone - "I will arrange everything for this campaign and get you the dates. For now, you got to clean up the mess in the corridors and announce about the campaign in every possible classroom. Is it okay?"

"Yes, sir. Totally."

"Good." He says.

"I am sorry, sir. Again. I will do the best I can."

"Thank you." He smiles like a father this time.

Stop skinny shaming. Stop body shaming. Skinny shaming is as worse as fat shaming.

▪▪
A/n:

Please keep reading. A lot is coming up in the campaign. You don't want to miss it. I love you all readers and voters.

Please vote, comment and share.

Love you all.

xx

kartika_k

▪▪