▪31▪

Since I first gained the use of  r e a s o n  my inclination toward learning has been so violent and strong that neither the scoldings of other people . . . nor my own reflections . . . have been able to stop me from following this natural impulse that God gave me. He alone must know why; and He knows too that I have begged Him to take away the light of my understanding, leaving only enough for me to keep His law, for anything else is excessive in a woman, according to some people. And others say it is even harmful.

~ Juana Ines De La Cruz
Reply to the Bishop of Puebla, who had attacked her scholarly work as inappropriate for her sex.
▪▪
So, I stand here outside, as I listen to my friends singing out loud to the public gathered around and I  r e w i n d and  s t o p :

"Yes. This girl is right. Everyone should live their own life. They should be able to make their own choices. They should be allowed to wear whatever they want. Not even 'allowed'. This is a free country. We are free to do whatever the fuck we want."

"Yes!" Yelled out another man.

And more 'yes' and finally an affirmative uproar which actually made Kate's eyes to bawl out and she kept wondering what the fuck just happened, totally  b e w i l d e r e d.

I laugh at the thought of her yelling at us and forcing the security to throw us out while the audience was cussing at her and the show members.

I feel the pleasure in my heart as I look at my friends dancing as happily as they ever could be and the people gathered around us, making us feel like a bunch of celebrities. Actually, we  a r e  celebrities at the moment, considering the show which just aired live.

Just then Justin pulls me close and starts singing -

You're insecure,
Don't know what for,
You're turning heads when you walk through the door,
Don't need make-up,
To cover up,
Being the way that you are is enough,

Everyone else in the room can see it,
Everyone else but you,

And the whole crowd goes in chorus like -

Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh, oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
If only you saw what I can see,
You'd understand why I want you so desperately,
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe,
You don't know,
Oh, oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
Oh, oh,
That's what makes you beautiful

I hug him tight and I laugh so hard out of happiness that my guts hurt.

"Hey, Jane! I just wanted to ask something." Rob yells at the top of his voice to make himself audible over the noise.

"Yeah? What?" I shout back.

"Is Catherine single?"

"What?" I ask, perplexed.

He comes closer and says - "Actually, I like her. Do you think I should tell her?" I am sure I see a blush right there on his chubby cheeks.

"Oh my God. She is single. Very much. Go on. Ask her. What are you waiting for?"

He smiles brightly and makes way through the crowd to reach Catherine, who is apparently dancing to the swing.

"This is amazing."

"Yes." Justin says, as he looks at me in the eye and kisses me which lasts for a few heavenly seconds.

(with the people still singing in the background)

Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful ,
If only you saw what I can see,
You'll understand why I want you so desperately,
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
Oh oh,
That's what makes you beautiful

°

Stop skinny shaming. Stop body shaming. Skinny shaming is as worse as fat shaming.
▪▪
A/N:
Hey guys,
I hope you had a great day or having a great day. Again, time zones. :P I hope you like this chapter.
Please vote, comment and share. Please comment what you think of this chapter.

Again, I want to mention some of my readers who really made me happy Akiprabagar Kritey kinda_perfect angelofcolors
Go check them out. They are so damn sweet.♡

Plus, the quote mentioned in the beginning of this chapter is my absolute favorite. I took it from my favorite science fiction novel called 'Contact' by Carl Sagan. It is one amazing book.

Please keep reading. Don't miss the next chapter. You are towards the end of the journey. :)

P.s: Check out the video attached to the chapter to enjoy it fully. It is a song by One Direction which is mentioned in the chapter too - "What makes you beautiful".

I love you all.
xx
kartika_k
▪▪