▪22▪

at the doctor's 11.30 a.m

"It is just the right breast."

"Do you take antacids frequently?"

"Uh..."

"Yeah, she does." My mom interrupted saving me some embarrassment. It came as a shock to me as it was very u n u s u a l of her to lie to a doctor.

"Okay. Then, it must be hormonal imbalance. You will be alright. Stop taking antacids or medications in general without a doctor's advice. You get it?"

"Yes."

"Come in. I will examine you once."

I sit on the table as she tells me to take off my tee shirt. She gently squeezes my right breast to see some milk coming out.

"Hmm.." She says. "Are you sure about the antacids? I don't believe a word your mom is saying. I have had thousands of patients who lie to me. I know."

I stare at her blankly and she continues.

"Can you tell me what is it or should I just assume?"

Again, I remain quiet for no reason.

I just have a bad vocabulary. I don't know how to start a sentence. Stop judging me, brain.

"Is it the Oral Contraceptive?" She asks.

"No. No. I...I took some pills for breast enlargement which I..I found on the internet."

She examines my left breast and then says looking at me -

"Hmm...Let me tell you one thing, dear. You are perfectly fine. And nothing is wrong with your breasts. They are completely normal."

"But..I am 20. They are not supposed to be.."

"How do you know? How do you know how they are supposed to be? Your breasts are just fine. You just have small ones. Their growth is according to your body. Appreciate what nature has given to you." She cuts me off and helps me with my tee shirt.

"Yes." And the words helped me.

We come back to the room where my Mom was and the doctor starts to pile up her diagnosis in a sentence.

"She is perfectly normal. I will give you some medicines. Just have them for a week. It will stop on its own. There is nothing to be worried about. If it persists, we will get a CT scan done. And for now, I need your blood for blood test to check the pituitary function. Just to be on the safe side." She says as she takes out a new syringe to pierce my vein and take out some vamp blood.

Do vamps have blood? Who cares?

°°
Just as we reach the door of the clinic, my phone rings.

"Hullo?" Justin says from the other side of the phone.

"You know Hello was Graham's affair? So, when he invented the telephone, the first call he made was to her and he said hello."

"Totally not required. Totally not required, Jane. Maybe Adele will give you some shit for that fact. So, do you have c a n c e r ?"

"No, Mr. Moron. Not every breast has to have c a n c e r. And plus, that is rude to cancer patients."

"Ok. Sorry. Are you gonna live?" He asks childlike.

"Yeah, I am gonna live to torment you for years."

By the time I disconnect the call, I see that Mom is looking at me like I just had a mental breakdown.

"Thanks, Mom for what you did for me back there." I say, breaking the ice.

Her features soften and she says - "Don't thank me. I must thank you for being my daughter."

Huh? Really?

"Your Dean called. And I must say that I am really very proud of you."

And everything seems to fit.

Stop skinny shaming. Stop body shaming. Skinny shaming is as worse as fat shaming.
▪▪
A/N:

I hope you like this chapter.

I won't be able to update till 18th december because I will be having my exams from tomorrow. And I am panicking already. Please pray for me. And I love you all.

Please do not forget to vote, comment and share because wattpad keeps me alive. ♡

Thanks a lot for reading.

kartika_k
xx
▪▪