▪2▪

I am Jane.

20 years old.

38 Kgs.

Yeah, this is my identity. Who cares about what I do? Or what I am good at? What are my hobbies? No one cares.

I sit there on the dining table with a laptop in front of me instead of the dinner plate. And I type "Tips to gain weight naturally" on the search space. The results keep on loading when my Dad speaks up -

"This is why you are skinny. You got to eat nutrients. Why are you even doing this at the time of dinner?"

I give a disapproving look but he ignores.

"I am talking to you." He says rather harshly.

"Dinner is not ready yet, Dad." I say without looking at him, opening a website which has an article published on it called "10 ways to gain weight naturally."

"Look at you. You are 20 Jane. I can see your bones. I can count them almost. You don't even look like you go to college. You look hideous."

I do not reply to that. My heart breaks for the millionth time. I slowly close my laptop screen and keep it aside. I get up to go to my bedroom to shed more tears of shame when Dad says again -

"You are not having your dinner now, eh? I care about you."

"You don't." I say.

"Learn to talk Jane. Is this how you talk to your Dad?" My mom interrupts.

"What did I even say? How will you feel if everyone just keeps on talking about how fat you are Mum?"

Mum shuts up and I rush to my bedroom to lock myself in and cry again.

Dad refused to speak to me for 2 days. But I was the one who was really hurt.

Stop skinny shaming. It is as worse as fat shaming.

▪▪
A/n :

Please vote, comment and share. Do comment please please please. Thank you for reading.

Xx
Love you all. :)

▪▪