▪6▪

I start paddling as fast as I can to reach home before he does. I had received a call from the delivery service 10 minutes ago about the exact whereabouts of the address, to deliver the package.

I reach finally to see that the delivery guy was already there at the door with his hand poised to knock at the door.

"Wait!" I yelled.

He turned around just in time to look at me.

"I am Jane. I live here. That is my order." I say panting, trying to get thr words out.

I quickly pay for the order and take the package to hide it in my school backpack and wait for the guy to vanish.

As soon as he leaves, I knock at the door. Mom opens the door for me with a bright smile on her face. I wonder what is the occassion for such happiness and I realise how rude my thinking is.

"Nana is here." She says excitedly, closing the door behind me.

Oh no! No. No. Just no. Not Nana. I think to myself.

Nana has never been sweet to me as she has been to her daughter ( that is my Mom). Her taunts and her way of bullying me were different and the most hurtful.

"Here she is." Nana exclaims looking at me, turning her head towards me, sitting on the couch. And her exclamation of happiness slowly turns into a frown and she examines me from top to toe. I have always hated the examination.

"Sophie." She calls for my Mom.

"Yeah Mum." She replies and sits beside Nana on the couch. I stand in front of them being examined.

"She is never going to get a guy." Nana says, still looking at me but talking to my Mom. " What are you upto girl?" She asks me now.

I do not reply. Not that she cares for a reply. She continues -

"Are you trying to be like those skinny models on television? I tell you that it is total nonsense...." She goes on about how I should eat and how she used to feed Mom and about how beautiful my Mom was at my age and about how my Dad fell in love with her and about how I will never be able to find a guy and about how skinny I am.

"Welcome, Nana. I hope you have a good time." I say formally and walk upstairs to my room. I could see from the back of my head that they are still gaping at me.

I enter my bedroom and lock myself in to open the package. I take out one capsule and swallow it with water then and there. I hide the capsules under the drawer and I lie on my bed thinking of Justin and if he would fall in love with me. The skinny Jane.

Skinny shaming is as worse as fat shaming. Stop skinny shaming. Stop body shaming.

▪▪▪▪
A/n:

Please vote, comment and share. I am sure many girls have been through this. By this, I mean body shaming by relatives.

A guy who loves you must love you for what you are by heart and not for what you look like. A guy like that will look at all your imperfections and consider them perfect.

Be with a guy like that.

Thanks for reading. Thank you so much for 100 + reads.

Love you all.
xx
kartika_k
▪▪▪