▪5▪

Its been a week and I have been waiting for the order to arrive. I sit at the dining table munching on my breakfast when the doorbell rings. I quickly get up to answer.

"Have your breakfast Jane. I will go check." Mom says.

I wonder if my parents can hear the loud pounding of my heart. I should have entered Hazel's address. Why did I order it here? Damn. I am gonna be doomed now. I think to myself.

"Hey Mrs. Butler. Can I talk to Jane?" A familiar voice says at the door.

"Yeah sure. She is having her breakfast. Come in dear. Have a seat."

Just then I see Justin entering. He smiles at me. I smile back somehow.

I finish my breakfast and I walk over to him. He stands up from the couch as if I am some teacher of his or the mayor. I smile a little inside.

Justin is my classmate and he literally is the only person who really shows interest to be with me and to talk to me. But I never paid any heed to it because people are meant to hurt you somehow someday.

After friday's class, he had come running to me to ask -

"Can I be your friend?"

And I had said yes which I totally forgot.

"Let us go upstairs?" I say.

"Yeah sure."

"I am sorry about my room. Just telling you beforehand. It won't be that tidy." I say sheepishly while climbing the staircase.

We reach the landing and I open the door to let him in.

He sits comfortably on my bed and I keep the door open. (According to the house rules. They are pretty lame. I will explain all of them later to you.)

"So, what brought you here?" I ask and suddenly realise that it was not appropriate and maybe even rude.

"Umm. Just nothing. I just wanted to see you." He says sweetly.
And the guilt hits me.

"Okay. Do you want to watch something?" I ask.

"Yeah sure." He says excitedly.

I take out my laptop and we sit comfortably to watch 'The Dark Knight'. It is my favorite movie of all times.

"Who is your favorite superhero?" I ask him in the middle of the movie.

"I like every single of them. I mean they save people and stuffs. Nothing is cooler than that. What about you?" He asks me back.

I point at the laptop where Batman is kicking some ass off of the bad guys.

"You like batman eh?" He asks.
I nod.

"Are you okay?" He asks looking at me with actual worry on his face.

"Yeah. I am just...you know.."

"Yeah?"

"I cannot even save myself. You know?"

"No. I don't know. Why cannot you? Batman can be anyone. It is just a symbol. Anyone can be a hero. And that is what Batman says, right?" He says like he is explaining things to a child.

"Yeah. You know he is fictional." I joke with a true smile on my face.

"Batman is offended." He acts dramatically and we both laugh.

And I realise how much he likes me as what I am. And for a tiny bit of time, I feel like I love myself. For the rest of the movie, Batman did not catch my attention but Justin did.

Skinny shaming is as worse as fat shaming. Stop skinny shaming. Stop body shaming.

▪▪▪▪
A/n:
I am so sorry for the late update. But I hope you like this chapter. Be with someone who likes you for what you are. Be it your friends, your boyfriend, your girlfriend or anyone. Love yourself. That is the first step to happiness.

Thank you for reading.

I love you all. Xx

▪▪▪▪