▪23▪

F r e e  y o u r  b o d y

"Are you a girl, a woman, a lady or anything feminine? Then, I welcome you to this cruel world which sets beauty standards to tell you about how you should look like and live like. Sounds stupid? Yeah, because it is.
So, let us screw it.

Ready?"

"READY!!" All the people gathered around the pedestal (I am standing on it with a microphone, in the middle of our college campus, like some traffic police trying to control mad drivers) shout.

I jump down and the crowd clears way for me. I walk ahead with Justin beside me and the crowd follows me out of the campus. I smile at the thought of all those beautiful girls and guys following me as if I am some leader.

"You are the leader." The Dean had said. I refuse to believe it. But for something good to happen, some one has to stand up to take the initiative. Like Mahatma Gandhi did. I will be called a dumbeff if I compare myself to Gandhiji. So, I am no leader. I am just a messiah. Seriously, why are you even reading my thoughts? Hats off to you that you are still alive after reading all my bullshit.

The rules were all made by me. And that is why the crowd is all freaked out now. Thanks to me, myself and I and akon. I don't know why akon. Just bear with me. I am going crazy. This crowd is too much than I expected.

Rules for the 'free your body' campaign

1. There are no rules. I mean they cannot be called rules. Because they are really stupid and unprofessional. Anyway, we are not professional, so it doesn't matter, I guess? I hear you yelling yes to that. Yeah? Okay.

2. Sorry for 1. So, here it goes. Wear anything you want. Wear the one dress you always wanted to wear but were too shamed to do that.

3. Bring your own middle fingers. Because the campaign is all about 'not giving a fuck to others'. Dean is going to kill me if he reads this, that is why I am distributing it to you guys personally. Don't let it fly around the corridors, like you did last time. P.s: I loved last time but seriously No.

4. Have fun.

5. Bring as many people as you want to. But only those who give a damn about the campaign. Not random people who just want to have a 'whole day' walk.

6. Boys are allowed too ofcourse. And this rule list ends in an even number. Bye.

And probably too many do give a damn about it. I look around and I see every possible size. Everyone wearing whatever they wanted to, just smiling and happy about who they are. I see Sarah in a bikini with her cellulitis on focus. I see Catherine beside her, holding her hand. I see Rob half naked with his belly hanging around as he is dancing. I look at myself wearing shorts and a crop which portrays all my skinniness. Skinny legs to skinny me. And I am happy about it. I look at Justin and I fall in love with my flawed flawless body.

Stop skinny shaming. Stop body shaming. Skinny shaming is as worse as fat shaming.
▪▪
A/N:
I hope you like this chapter. Please, vote comment and share. I would love it if you leave a comment. And yeah, I couldn't help but update sooner. I love you guys and I love writing this book.
P.s: Please please watch the video. It is a very powerful one.
Love yourself. ♡

xx
kartika_k

SCREW THE BEAUTY STANDARDS
▪▪