▪13▪

Its been 5 days since I stopped taking those pills and I have already started to feel normal. Though the pain is still there, it is bearable.

I park my bike under the shade of a tree in the parking lot and walk towards the entrance. I look for Justin at the spot where he usually waits for me and I find no one.

I walk indoors into the corridor where we usually walk together everyday and I look for Justin wherever he could be.

Maybe he is sick. Should I call him? Or maybe I am too early today.

Before I could dial his number, I see him with his back facing towards me, standing near the boy's changing room with Rob and that 'bully group' jeering at a girl walking past them.

Anger swells up in me and I grit my teeth to control it. I quickly walk past them and do not even bother to look back when he calls out my name.

I do not realise that I am crying. I just enter my classroom and the teacher comes in just a moment later and he is left outside unable to justify himself.

How could he do that? He knows how it feels to be bullied and still he was standing there doing the same. How? I thought he is special.

I hear my heart breaking into pieces while the teacher is reading out Sylvia Plath's poem. I try to concenterate but give up finally.

The class gets over and I quickly walk to the restroom. I make sure that I am alone and I take out the other container of pills, which I had not showed to Justin the other day.

Out of the 60 pills, I had taken 15 and given Justin 15 of them. I just kept the rest in case the medicine really worked.

I pop one of the pills into my mouth and look at myself in the mirror.

I don't know why I do that. Maybe to go against the promise or maybe to punish myself for loving a jerk.

Stop skinny shaming. Skinny shaming is as worse as fat shaming. Stop body shaming.

▪▪
A/N:

Please keep reading. I hope you like this chapter. If you do, please vote, comment and share.

And thanks a lot for the support. I am really glad that people like this book.

I love you all so so much.

xxx
kartika_k

▪▪