▪21▪

"You have to tell your mother. Right now." Justin says through the phone.

"Right now? It's 4." I say stupidly.

"I mean when she wakes up. First thing in the morning, go tell her. Am I clear?"

"You sound like a teacher to me."

"I, very well, do. Now, have some painkiller and go to sleep, Jane."

°°°°
at 8 a.m in the morning

"Jane, it is time for breakfast." Mom yells from downstairs.

I get up and realisation hits me.

How am I to tell her? It seemed so easy at 4 in the morning. How to even start? Like - Mom, I had some booby pills and now milk is oozing out of my boobies. And she will be like - Gosh, when did you have a baby? I will be like - Mom, it is the 'booby pills' doing the wonder. Ofcourse, there is no baby under my blanket.
Stupid pills.

"Yeah. I will be right there." I reply, like after a year. Not literally.

I walk downstairs to see that Dad is not there.

Wow. Destiny is helping me reach it.

"Good morning, Mum." Very unusual, Jane. Very unusual. Try to be casual.

"Hey, dear." She says frowning at me.

"Mom, I was wondering Mom...." Two moms in a sentence. Stop thinking, dammit. Let me talk.
"So, I was wondering if you could come with me to the physician for once."

"And I wonder why?" She asks folding her arms just below her chest.

"Okay. I will get to the point. I am pregnant."

"WHAAAT?"

Uh oh. That is way too far from the point. And I hear Joey yelling - You crossed the line a bit? You are so far ahead of the line and that now the line is a dot to you.

"Oh. No. No. No. No. I don't even know why I said that. Soaps are spoiling me, Mum."

"Jane, you are freaking me out."

"FINE. Mom, I am lactating."

"Oh. My god."

"And it is not because I had a baby. I took some pills for breast enlargement a month ago. And it is the side effect probably. I wish to go to see a doctor. Will you come with me?"

Mom acts completely differently from what I thought she would react like.
She hugs me tight and says for the first time (wholeheartedly for the first time) - "I am so sorry, dear. I will come with you, sure."

No questions asked. No answers answered. Maybe she knows why I did that and what made me do that.

I hug her back and I realise that I love her, indeed.

Skinny shaming is as worse as fat shaming. Stop skinny shaming. Stop body shaming.
▪▪
A/N:
Hey guys,

I hope you like this chapter. Hit the orange star below if you like it. Don't forget to leave a comment. Your comments mean the world to me. I love you all from the small capillaries of my heart, that is the core, I mean.

Lots of kisses to you.

kartika_k

xxx
▪▪