▪9▪

"You look different." Justin says, grinning at me while taking the books out of his locker.

"Good different or bad different?" I ask him leaning my back over the adjacent locker.

"Good ofcourse." He says smiling.

I smile back at him and pat my back (not literally) for working on my face in the morning.

I woke up in the morning with a wide smile on my face, after years ( last time it happened on my 11th birthday and when I got my first period, everyday has been a judgement day).

I don't know what kicked a huge pile of confidence into me but I feel like I have already accomplished something. I feel like I have overcome something.

"So, what is your plan today?" Justin asks, cutting off my brain waves.

"Nothing much. By the way, I need your advice on one thing." I say hesitantly.

"Yeah? Go on."

"I...umm.."

"Are you going to propose?" He says and lets out a sexy chuckle. (Laughs are sexy, believe me.)

I nudge him a little and blush heavily.

"So, I was wondering if starting a page on facebook a good idea." I continue.

"A page??" He asks. His face looks impassive.

A bad idea Jane. A real bad idea. What are you? A celebrity? A health worker? A page? What are even you thinking? Pfft. I say to myself.

"Yes. I was just thinking I will start a page. You know like a feminist page. To encourage other women, like arranging events in the city to gather women and spread awareness about body shaming." I continue ignoring my mental voices.

"Wow Jane." His face lightens up. "This is awesome. This is so cool. And I will be the only one to know who is the admin."

We laugh and Justin starts suggesting ideas for the page.

"So, Ms. Admin? Will you remember me when Mark honors you in future?"

"Shut up." I say smiling.

We walk a little and I see Rob walking towards me. I ignore him and keep talking to Justin.

"Hey Ruler!" Rob shouts in my ear while passing by me.

I walk back towards him and block his way to face him.

"You know what? You are one sick fuck. I have a lot to point out about your imperfect douche body. But I don't want to be you. Degrading someone else to make yourself look perfect is bullshit. You don't have the perfect size. No one has. Because perfect size is a myth, dude. Stop shaming my body. If you hate it, shut up about it. No one talks good things about yours behind your back. Have a good day."

By the time I reach where Justin was, I see that half the students in the corridor are staring at me and Rob. Rob stands there as speechless as a dumb fuck.

"I can say I love you for that." Justin says in the middle of his laugh.

"I attend my fan mails in the evening." I laugh along.

Stop skinny shaming. Stop body shaming. Skinny shaming is as worse as fat shaming.

▪▪
A/n:

Next chapter is going to be real real awesome. Please keep reading. I promise it is going to be great.

Please vote, comment and share.

Thank you all.
Love you.
xx
kartika_k

▪▪