Chapter 2: On board

"Edith, wake up, it's time to go" Allan whispered in my ear. "We have to be at the port in an hour." "Ok..." I said. I had been asleep for only a few hours and I was still exausted. " Are you feeling alright? " "Yes, I am just a little tired." "Good, then get dressed, Mr. Blake is waiting for us downstairs. Mr. Blake was the owner of the hostel we had spent the night at.

I quickly wore my dress and both Allan and I went downstairs. " Miss Cushing, Allan, are you ready? The carriage is waiting for you outside." Mr. Blake said when he saw us. "Yes, thank you Sir." Allan thanked Mr. Blake for our stay and then we got outside and got on the carriage.

An hour and a half later, we were at the port. We boarded on the ship and went to our cabin. It was quit small but cosy. I took out a book to read.

"I am not feeling ok..." I said a while later. "Are you feeling the same way you did yestarday?" Allan asked me. "Yes...I have to go to the bathroom..." I said and left the cabin.

When I got back, Allan had his bag with his medicine on his lap. "I am looking for something that will make you feel better." he told me. "Well, actually, I am feeling a lot better." And I did. "I am quit tired though, I'll go to bed". I said. Some minuites later Allan came too. We would be on board for 4 more days till we would arrive im America...