Chapter 4: A big secret revealed

*Knock knock* I heard a knock on the door. "Miss Edith, are you awake?" A voice asked. "Thalia, yes, I just woke up." I said. "Sir Allan is here asking for you, should I let him in?" "Yes,tell him I'll get ready and come downstairs" "Ok miss."

"Good morning Edith" Allan told me while I was getting down the stairs. "Good morning to you too, Allan." "I've brought some pills for you, Thalia told me you didn't feel well yesterday." "Thank you Allan but I don't think I need them. Can we talk privetly upstairs?" "Alright"

"What's the problem?" he asked me when we got upstairs. "Yesterday, my mother's ghost visited me and she said that I am really lucky" I said. "Of course you are, you are alive and back home" "No, I don't think she was talking about this. She said you knew something. Is there something I should know?" I asked him. He seemed to be nervous. "Look, you may want to sit" he said. So I sat. "Edith...remember those stomachaches you had?" "Yes" "Well, they were not stomachaches...You are pregnant..." I was shocked "Are you sure? I mean...this cannot be true! Are you sure that that's what she was talking about?" "I know, I couldn't believe it myself. After all those poisoned cups of tea you drank, it's a miracle that the baby survived. But it's true." I could not believe in my ears. I was pregnant. "No...no..." "Edith, please, you have to calm down" "How can I calm down! Why didn't you tell me before?" "I was afraid that..." "That means that, it's... it's Thomas' child..." Tears were falling from my eyes and I was shaking. "Edith, calm down" he told me. But I couldn't. My legs got weak and I couldn't keep my eyes open. I fell from the bed unconsious...