Chapter 12: Plans for the future

"Miss? Lunch is ready." Thalia told me, pushing herself inside the room. "I'll come shortly.

"Old Billy? Where are you?" I got outside and started walking around. "Here!" I heard old Billy screaming. I went round the corner and what I saw surpised me. Tall trees and beautiful, colourful flowers were planted where Thomas' machine used to be. "Wow, this is so beautiful! Did you do this all by yourself old Billy?" "Yes miss, I am pleased to know that you like it." "Lunch is ready, why don't you come and eat with us?" "That would be great Miss."

"Thalia, this is old Billy, he used to work for Thomas." I said. "He will be staying with us from now on. Old Billy, this is Thalia." "I am delighted to meet you sir." Thalia said. "I am delighted to meet you too miss." Old Billy agreed. We all sat down to eat.

"Thalia, why don't you go outside to help old Billy? He has already planted many trees and flowers and the back yard looks really beautiful." "Of course miss!" Thalia said. "How about building a small playground?" She turned and said to old Billy. "Oh, sure but why? There aren't any children in the house." he asked confused. "Well, miss Cushing is 3 months pregnant." Thalia explained. "What great news! Is it sir Thomas' child?" old Billy asked me. "Yes, it is..." I said quietly. "Oh, the poor baby, I am sure we can build a playground!" "Miss Cushing also suggested painting the house and repairing the hole on the roof." Thalia continued saying. "Of course! We'll start right now! We have to make this house a safe place for a child!" Old Billy said happily. "Thank you so much." I said. "Both of you. What would I do without you?" and it was true. I was so thankful to have people like Thalia and old Billy with me.

We kept talking and planning for the future for the rest of the afternoon. Thalia and old Billy were really excited and they made me happy too. For the first time, I felt as if I could finally move on. But I was wrong...