Chapter 5:Facing the truth

When I opened my eyes again, I was not in Buffalo. I was back at Allerdale hall. I couldn't believe it. I started wandering around when I saw someone. Someone I had really missed. 'Thomas?' I said. The ghost turned and looked at me. He had a sad look, just like the last time I saw him.'Edith...' he said slowly. 'Thomas, am I in Allerdale hall? Are you...are you real?' 'No, my dear...you are dreaming...' he said and dissappeared and everything around me started to fade away...

"Edith, are you ok?" I opened my eyes and saw Allan sitting next to me. "I...I..." I could barely talk. "You fainted, it's ok, you are fine now." He said."Thomas...Thomas..." "Thomas? What are you talking about?" "I saw him...I saw his ghost..." "You were dreaming Edith." he explained. I could not saty in bed anymore. I got up. "Edith, slowly, you are still a little shocked after..." he started saying. "After you told me I'm pregnant." I said "See now why I was afraid to tell you?" he asked me "Yes, I understand but, you should have known that I would find out sooner or later" "I know, I am sorry." he apologised. "I forgive you. I have more important things to do than arguing with you." "Right, the baby. How about coming tommorow so that I can examine you? See if everyhing is alright?" "Yes, ok" "Good, now, I told Thalia to make you some soup and then just sleep, you need to get some rest. I'll see you tommorow." He said and left.

Some minuites later, I got downstairs. "Miss Cushing, I am so happy for you! Sir Allan told me about you!" Thalia told me happily when she saw me. "I made you some soup for dinner." "Thank you Thalia." I said. I ate my soup and then went upstairs and lied on my bed. But I just couldn't sleep.

'I am pregnant. I'll be a mum. I'll have a baby. And Thomas...' tears started falling from my eyes. 'My dear Thomas would be a father...' I took a deap breath. 'That's your life now, Edith. You have to be strong. For the baby...' I told myself and then cried myself to sleep...