Chapter 11: Allerdale Hall

The days passed quickly and soon we arrived in England. While we were on board, Thalia did everything to prevent me from getting tired. "Miss, you don't need to do that, I'll do it for you." That's what she was telling me every minuite. I felt sorry for her. But finally, her biggest dream came true.

"Wow, England is so beautiful!" she exclaimed while we were going to Allerdale Hall. "Indead, it is." I said. A while later, I could see 'Allerdale Hall' written in the sign, just outside the house. 'We are here. Finally...' I thought "This is your dad's house" I whispered, touching my tummy. It felt quite bigger from last month. 'Oh, Thomas...'

"We are here, miss." The carriage driver said. "Thank you." I said while Thalia was taking our luggage out of the carriage. We started walking towards the entrence when I saw someone. "Miss, are you alright?" Thalia asked me. "Yes, go inside. I'll come shortly." I said. And then I saw the man again. I recognised him. "Old Billy?" I screamed. He turned around. "Miss Sharpe? Is that you?" he asked. "Yes, what are you doing here?" "I have been staying here since the day..." "I understand." I said. "I will be staying here from now on." "I see. Are you alone?" "One of my father's maids came with me." "Oh, great. Well, if you need any help, I'll be in the garden. I am planting some trees" "Oh that's great! Thalia will make something for lunch, I'll call you as soon as it is ready." I said and got inside the house.

It was exactly the way I remembered it. Old, lonely, with rusting walls and the hole on the roof. "I am back." I whispered.
"Wow, this house is huge!" I saw Thalia getting down the stairs. "It's also really old, we have to do something about it" she said "I know. I think we can paint it, fix the hole on the roof and maybe buy some new furniture." "This is a great idea miss." "But first, we have to unpack"

I showed Thalia a room and told her to leave her things there. I went to the bedroom I used to sleep with Thomas. Although it was one of the biggest rooms in the house, it felt as if it was the smallest. No one had been there for about 3 months. I started unpacking, but soon felt tired and devided to sit down and continue my story...