Chapter 6: Trapped in another world

Allerdale Hall. I should be dreaming again. 'What is wrong with me? Why do I keep dreaming about Allerdale hall?' I wondered. I started wandering around, hoping to find Thomas again. And finally I saw him. He was standing there, silent. He hadn't noticed me. "Thomas?" I said and he turned slowly. "Thomas, there is something I have to tell you..." I saterted saying. "You are pregnant. I know." He told me. "But, how is that possible?" I asked him." It's your dream my dear, you can do what ever you want." he said. Silence. For a minuite I thought that he would dissappear and I would wake up, but it didn't happen. " I miss you..." Thomas said a while ago. "Why did you leave me? Why did you leave me Edith?" he looked sad but angry too. "I...I didn't want to. Allan took me away. I miss you too, Thomas. I wish there was a way so that we could meet again but there isn't..." "There is always a way, you just don't want to find it. Because you have forgotten me!" he screamed. "I...I didn't... I would never..." I said weakly. "Don't play with my feelings, Edith! You don't care about me anymore! That's why you left!" I could understand that he was angry by his voice. "I'll leave you, Edith. Isn't this what you want?" "No, Thomas, please don't go!" I said, but it was too late. He had already dissappeared. Tears were falling from my eyes... "Please..."

I understood I couldn't bring him back. I had broken his heart. I had made him angry.

Unable to sleep more, I woke up. My hands were wet from my tears. 'Why did I let Allan to take me away? Why did I leave England?' That's what I was thinking about the rest of the night.'I have to go back. I have to see Thomas...'