Chapter 16: The old man

My next stop was the town. Old Billy had told about a shop that sold all kinds of paint. It was really easy for me to find it. "Hello?" I said when I got inside. It was a cramped, dirty, with no light shop. "Is anyone here?" I asked. A minuite later, I heard a door opening and a short, old man came from the back of the shop and started walking nervously towards me. "I am sorry miss but we are closed." he said and grabbed my hand, trying to lead me to the exit. "I understand but you see, old Billy sent me to you. He said you could help me." I explained. "Old Billy?" the short man asked me confused. "Yes." "Then you should be miss Sharpe." he said. "Indeed I am." "Oh" he said "What do you want miss?" "I need red and dark blue wall paint" I said. "One minuite pelase." he told me and got into the small room from which he had come from the first time. "Here you go" He said and gave me a small bag. "Thank you. How much is it?" "It's free for you!" "You don't have to do this sir." I said. "No, no, I have to. You miss, you need help and I will do what it takes to help you" he explained to me. I turned around to leave. "Thank you." I told the old man. "Don't even mention it miss!" he said happily and then dissappeared into the room at the back of the shop...