Chapter 15: The letter

I went into my bedroom and sat down to write the letter to Alan.
"Dear Alan,
I am writting to express my apology for the argumment we had last week. I am at Allerdale Hall with Thalia and everything is alright. Also, I'd want to ask you to come here too. I need a doctor with me. If you decide to do so, please bring the engagment ring with you.
Love,
Edith

I went downstairs, trying to find an envelope to put the letter in. "Thalia?" I screamed "Are you awake?" "Yes miss!" she said from upstairs. "What do you want?" she asked me when she came downstairs. "I have to go to the post office to sent a letter and then I'll go to the town to find some paint for the walls." I said "I'll come with you." "No, I want you to stay here and make something for breakfast and when old Billy gets up, I want you two to see what we can do about the roof." "Sure miss" she said and went to the kitchen.

"Hello, I need this letter to be sent to Buffalo, America as soon as possible." I said when I arrived at the post office. "You are miss Sharpe, aren't you?" an old man who worked there asked me. "Yes" "Oh, I heard about what happened at Allerdale Hall. My sincere condolences. We are all here for you if you need any help." he said and took the letter from my hand. I handed him the letter. "I'll make sure this arrives on time" he told me. "Thank you" I said and walked towards the exit.