Chapter 23: Going for it

I would have never expected hearing what Thalia had just told me. "Are...are you sure?" I asked her. "Yes, I think I am." "Why didn't you tell me before?" "I...I couldn't. You were about to get engaged." she explained. "Ok" "What am I going to do miss? I don't think he feels the same about me..." she asked me worried. "You have to tell him. You can never know." I advised her. "I...I think you are right miss. I am going to tell him." "Make some tea for him and take it to his bedroom." "Ok, thank you miss!" she said, hugging me and then she started making some tea.

I decided to go and look for old Billy. I found him outside in the garden, he was working on the playground. "This looks so beautiful!" I exclaimed. There was a swing hanging from a tree. "But you have been working for so long, shouldn't you get some rest?" I suggested. "Oh miss, there's not enough time!" He said, throwing the shovel on the ground. "Don't worry about that. Come on, Thalia just made dinner." "Ah, fine. I am doing this only for you miss!" he said, teasing me and started walking towards the front door. "Oh miss?" he turned to ask me. "Yes" "Good job breaking off the engagment with that man, I never trusted him" he said and walked away. And then I remembered something I wanted to ask him for a long time. "Old Billy!" I screamed, running towards him. He stopped when he heard me. "Miss, you shouldn't be running." he said. "What do you want?" "I need to know, did you throw Thomas' machine away?" "Throw it away?" he asked me surpised "No miss, of course not!" He said laughing. "Then were is it?" "I put it in a barn, about a mile away from the house." "I need to go." I said. "Oh, miss, I can't let you do that! It's too far!" "Please old Billy!" I begged him "Fine, but never tell Thalia about it!" he said and gave me the keys. "Thank you" I told him and stared walking towards the exit, trying to find the barn.