Chapter 19: Taking responsibilities

"Old Billy!" Thalia screamed "We need help!" "What is going on?" Old Billy asked. He had just woke up and could barely keep his eyes open. "We have to take Miss Edith to see a doctor! Now!" Thalia yelled. "What!" Old Billy said. Suddenly he didn't feel tired at all. He ran down the stairs and came next to us. "What happened miss?" he asked me. "I am ok but...the baby...I don't know if it is still alive." I said. "Who did that to you miss?" he asked me worried. "Lucille..." "That's imposible! She is dead!" he told me. "No...no." I whispered. "We'll talk about this later! We have to leave!" Thalia inturapted us. "Oh right, right!" old Billy agreed. He stood up and ran towards the front door to open it. "Come on!" he said, opening the door. "Ok miss, everyhing will be alright." Thalia told me and helped me stand up.

"Well, I can say that everything is fine." The doctor told me after the examination. "The bleeding will stop soon and then you'll be alright. I advise you to stay in bed for today" "Thank you doctor." Thalia said and we turned to leave. "Wait a second!" the doctor said. "Miss Sharpe, can I talk to you for a minuite? Privately." "Sure" I said. Thalia and old Billy left the room. "What is it doctor?" I asked him. "You were lucky to come to me so quickly. If you were a minuite late, you could have lost the baby. But you have to be more careful next time. I want you to eat well and not get tired. Do you understand?" he asked me "Yes, I do" "From now on, every month you'll have to rest yourself more and take care of the baby. If you ever need help, please do not hesitate to come to me." he said "Thank you doctor." I said and walked towards the door to leave.

While we were travelling back to the house, I was thinking about what the doctor had told me. I had to be careful and responsible. In less than 6 months, I would become a mum.