Chapter 18: Lucille

I was really surpised by Enola. She warned me to be careful but what could that mean? I went to my bedroom and lay down on my bed. I tried to close my eyes but I couldn't. I was really scared and worried. 'Come on Edith, calm down. Everything will be alright. Thalia and old Billy will take care of you. And Thomas too...' I had to remind myself these words several times before I was finally able to fall asleep...

I woke up in the middle of the night. Surprisingly, it wasn't a voice that woke me but someone playing the piano. I got up confused and went downstairs only to find a black figure playing the piano. It was Lucille. "Oh my dear Edith, did I wake you up?" she asked me sarcastically "I am so sorry" she said and smiled. "What do you want Lucille?" I asked her. She stopped playing the piano and started walking slowly towards. "Are you really asking me what I want?" she said "I'll tell you what. I want revenge. I want revenge for everything you stole from me." she said angrily "What are you talking about?" "Don't play the innocent to me! You stole my house, my life, my husband!" she was just a meter away from me. "And now" she said calmly "you are pregnant to Thomas' child" she was so close to me that I could see the anger in her eyes. "What I want is you and your little baby to die!" she screamed and stabbed me with a knife right next to my shoulder. "Ahhh!" I screamed. "Where's your Thomas to save you now?" she said. "Miss!" I heard Thalia yelling from upstairs. "We are not done yet!" Lucille said and dissappeared, leaving me to fall on the floor. "Miss! What happene?" Thalia run down the stairs and asked me. "Pull the knife out of me..." I whispered. She quickly obeyed. "I'll try to find a bandage. Wait for me." she said and run into the kitchen.

A minuite later, she came back holding a first aid kit. She sat down and opened it. "Here you go. You're going to be fine miss" she told me, tying a bandage around my shoulder. "The baby..." I whispered "What about the baby?" Thalia asked me "What if she killed it?"