Chapter 25: Some...exciting news

While we were walking back to the house, I was unable to say a word. I was wondering if I would see Thomas again or whether this was our last time together. I could feel tears falling from my eyes. "Miss, why are you crying?" Old Billy asked me "Did anything happen?" "No, just that..." I stared saying but stopped as soon as I understood I couldn't tell him about Thomas and me. "Nothing happened." I finally told him. "Just keep walking."

When we arrived home, Alan and Thalia were waiting for us outside in the garden. "Where were you?" asked Thalia worried "We had been waiting for you for so long!" "I just wanted to take a walk, that's all" I said, wiping my tears with my sleeve. "So now that you are back, can we please go inside?" asked Alan "Me and Thalia have some news to tell you" "Sure" I said and we all went to the kitchen. I noticed that Alan and Thalia were holding hands. Could that mean anything?

"Now" Alan said, getting up from his chair, holding a glass full of wine. "I have something important to tell you. Thalia and I are getting married in a month!" he told us. "That's great!" Old Billy exclaimed "Am I right miss?" He turned towards me and asked me "Of course!" I said, pushing my chair back and getting up "I want to make a toast: To a happy marrige!" "To a happy marrige!" everyone repeated after me and Thalia and Alan kissed.

After dinner, we all went to our bedrooms to sleep. I lay down on my bed, thinking about all those things that had happened that day. The barn, Thomas' machine, Thomas and I, almost, kissed and of course, Thalia and Alan's marrige.

I was really happy that Thalia and Alan would get married, not only because they were my friends but also because it showed that Alan didn't care about me anymore and I could finally focus on nothing else but Thomas and our baby.