Chapter 17: Another ghost

"Thalia?" I opened the house door and pushed myself in. "I am b... Wow!" I said. "Were you doing this while I was in town?" Old Billy was on a ladder and was trying to fix the roof. "We have been working on it for hours." Thalia said, walking towards me. "I'll take this" She told me and took the bag from my hands. "I found some spare piecies of wood and I automatically thought of the roof." Old Billy yelled. "We will have finished by dinner time." "Oh, great. I bought some paint for the walls" I said. "Thalia, I will need your help painting the house." I turned and looked at Thalia. "Well, miss, I am afraid I have to disagree. Old Billy and I will do the painting. You will get some rest." "But..." "I am sure you are really tired. I'll make you a cup of tea and then you should go upstairs." she insisted. "She is right, miss. We can do this ourselves. You should take a nap." Old Billy agreed. "Ok." I said and went upstairs.

At dinner time, we all gathered at the kitchen to eat. "The roof is finished!" old Billy informed me as soon as we sat down. "Tomorrow, I'll start building the play ground and Thalia will paint the living room" "What am I going to do? I am sure I can help you somehow!" I said. "Miss, we've already talked about it!" Thalia said "You are getting really tired! Please, think about the baby! You were all day in town today! I know we are overprotective but it's the truth!" "Ok..." I agreed. "Oh, I almost forgot it! We may have a visitor next week." I said. "Who?" Thalia asked. "I sent a letter to Alan and invited him to stay with us." "Oh, that's great news!" Thalia exclaimed. "Yeah..." I lied.

After dinner, I went upstairs to have a bath. The water was still red at first and it made me shiver. Suddenly, I heard someone coming towards the bathroom. "Thalia? Old Billy? Is that you?" I asked. "Edith... You have to be careful..." A red figure came towards me. It was holding a baby. "Enola?" I asked the figure "There are spirits here that don't want you amd your baby to be safe..." It said, ignoring my question. "They'll do everything to hurt you. Watch out..." It warned me and then disappeared, leaving thick fog behind...