Chapter 34: New house

When I arrived home, I saw Alan and Thalia outside the house. "Miss, where were you? We have been looking for you for over an hour!" Thalia ran towards me and said worried. "I...I went to the barn, just down the road." I explained. "Why?" Alan asked me "I just wanted to get some fresh air and went out for a walk." I said, trying to make up a lie. "Where is old Billy?" I asked. "He is in the back yard, looking for you" Thalia said. "Go and tell him I came back and come to the living room, I have to tell you something really important" I said and Thalia and Alan nodded and walked hand in hand to the back of the house.

"Now that we are all here" I started saying when we all gathered to the living and sat on the couch "I have to inform you about something I have been recently thinking a lot. I want us to build a new house, just outside Allerdale Hall" when I said those words, everyone looked at me with eyes wide open. "I know it is rather difficult for you to believe it but now that the baby is on its way, I've been thinking that this place is not appropriate for a child to be brought up in. Do you understand?" I aksed them. Old Billy was the first to answer. "I find it a great idea but miss, how much time will we have?" he asked. "Two months." I said and their eyes opened wide again. "Two months? Did I hear right?" Alan aksed surpised. "Yes you did. Two months" "But miss, how are we supposed to build a HOUSE in two months?" Thalia asked. "It doesn't have to be a big house, just three bedrooms and a kitchen for the beginning. Old Billy knows the right people fir this job, am I right old Billy?" I aksed, looking at him. "You couldn't be more right miss and I am determined to build the house in less than two months!" He said with a loud, promising voice, standing up. "When do we start?" he asked. "Tomorrow, early in the morning" I said and old Billy took his coat from a chair, wore it and made for the door. "As you wish, miss" he said.