Chapter 4: Sophmore Year

Caddie's POV:

I sighed contently as the morning sun began to rise above the clouds. The golden rays of sunlight fought off the darkness until it was officially morning. My eyes drifted to Alix, who was snoring heavily underneath her covers; one day I hoped that I could live life as freely as she could. No matter how restricting her home life could be, she still found different ways to express her individuality and freedom. She had once told me that her mother used to make her get up at the crack of dawn. I balked at the thought because Alix refused to get up before the sun was fully awake, but nonetheless it was true. Eventually she put her foot down and started setting her own sleeping schedule, it was just another way for her to defy her mom.

I slipped out of the comfort of my black silk covers and padded off towards the ensuite. I flicked on the little switch and smiled brightly at luxurious marble bathroom. There was a double sink with off white marble counters and gold accents, a large glass shower and an impressive looking jacuzzi. If this is the kind of bathroom a Sophomore gets I can't wait to see the Senior perks, I thought giddily. I was highly tempted to try out the jacuzzi but I knew that once I was in I would never get out. After a few seconds of battling my inner demons I settled on taking a quick shower. Once I was done I went back to my room, with my towel secured tightly by my chest.

I peeked at Alix from the corner of my eye and made a mad dash for my dresser when I saw that she was fast asleep. I rummaged for my clothing for about five minutes before slamming the drawer shut. Where was my uniform? My body froze when I heard a devilish cackle from behind me. I slowly turned, keeping my hands on my towel, and gave Alix a death stare. Her red hair was disheveled and her clothes were wrinkled, but her eyes were bright and alert as she held my uniform above her head.

"Looking for something, hun?" She purred with a sadistic smirk.

My death glare morphed into a look pure mortification. Well played, I mused silently. I had to use both of my hands to keep the towel wrapped around my body, which meant I couldn't use my magic or strangle her until she gives me my clothing back. She stared at me with a predatory look upon her beautiful features. My stomach twisted in knots, and anxiety bubbled to the surface. Every once in a while my anxiety would return and I found myself slipping back into my old ways.

"Please?" I said in a weak voice.

Alix saw the fear in my eyes and slowly handed me my clothing. With one hand secured around my towel and the other one wrapped around my uniform, I ran back into the bathroom. I could hear Alix's laugh ringing through the room.

"Prude!" She yelled and my face turned red.

"I can hear you!" I shot back and buttoned the black dress shirt. She snorted but didn't say anything else.

I put on my red and black plaid skirt and, and slipped on the red sweater. I pulled my blond hair back in a tight ponytail and admired myself in the long mirror. My skin was clear and pale, my eyes were bright blue and framed by long blond eyelashes, and my lips were small but plump. I still had some of my baby fat in my face, but some people found it cute. I wasn't gorgeous like Alix, but after years of loathing my appearance I felt comfortable. I opened the door and saw Alix standing on the other side, giving me an impatient look.

"Why are you awake? You're never up until it's absolutely necessary," I asked suspiciously.

"That's true but sometimes it's worth waking up early if I can mess with you," she said with a laugh and slammed the door shut.

I gathered my school supplies and waited for Alix to finish up in the bathroom. Something wasn't right, her entire aura felt odd. My thoughts of her hiding something from me returned at full force. The bathroom door slammed against the wall, breaking my train of thought. I looked up and scowled at Alix's attire. She wore the same outfit as me, but she looked like someone who belonged on School Girls' Weekly.