Chapter 28: To Be A Hero

The Dark One's POV:

The sound of helpless people screaming was music to my ears. Their flesh sizzled and bones cracked as the fire ate them alive. Every person that died brought her closer to me. Caddie was the key to not only my future but to my sanity. I would slaughter the entire world if that brought her next to me.

Teleporting to the tallest spire on St. Vitus Cathedral, I lifted my fingers towards the sky and engraved a special message in clouds. It was a shame I had to destroy such a beautiful city but all good things mustn't go unpunished. A wicked smirk touched my lips as Prague replaced Paris as the city of lights.

The vibrations from my phone interrupted my twisted thoughts. Glancing at the caller ID, I rolled my eyes and reluctantly accepted the call. Only he would dare to interrupt me as I set the world ablaze.

"What do you want?" I hissed.

"Do not speak to me like that, brat." He growled through the phone much to my dismay. "I need to make sure our plans are in order."

I sighed. If he weren't so important and powerful I would have killed him by now. He was everything I used to hate in a person; sophisticated, pretentious and worst of all royal. The urge to set him on fire was growing with each phone call. There was no reason to go to extremes, yet. He was a valuable asset to my plan but once his part had been played I was content with never seeing his face again.

"There's no need to worry Roberto, I'll get my girl and you'll get your blood." Then I can kill you when I take over the world.

Visions of dead bodies lying in a pile filled my mind. My plan was rather mundane but I wanted to stack the bodies of everyone who had ever wronged me. I wanted to soak their bodies in kerosene and light them on fire. Caddie and I would sit by the burning pile and laugh. She would ease the whole in my heart and spread darkness throughout the land. It was her destiny as the Dark Witch to be evil. Once the other heirs were destroyed she wouldn't have anybody to keep her in place. She could use her magic freely, without fearing the consequence.

"Good," Roberto responded, "Do us a favor and don't do anything rash. I still haven't forgiven you for burning Nox Haven down."

Was burning half of a city considered rash? I shook my head and grinned carelessly. Of course it wasn't rash. I didn't set the entire city on fire. And I was positive Caddie's good natured friends would lure her into my trap. The hitch in my plan was her psychic best friend. My master had placed a spell on her earlier- to make her visions unclear but the spell seemed to be wearing off. She had seen the attack on Castle Böse and Caddie's adventure to meet the Vampires. There was a very good chance she could even see me. I silently prayed that my identity would remain a secret until the time was right. I was never one who like being over the top or dramatic but I wanted to give Caddie a surprise.

"Like I said before; there's no reason to worry. Everything is going according to plan."

It wasn't a complete lie, everything is going according to my plan. He had his own vendetta against the council members- I assumed it was because of his past. He never spoke about his life before he became eternally damned. But every time he spoke about the Council Members he acted as if they were the sole reason he was a vampire.

"It better be," he hissed in a thick Spanish accent, "the last person who crossed me lived two hundred years ago. Since then there hasn't been a single soul who dares to challenge me. I'd hate for you to find out why."

I hung up before he could utter another threat. People needed to stop underestimating me. My self-restraint could only take so much before I do something really rash. I may be losing a bit of my sanity but I was still in control. There wouldn't be a soul in sight if I released the leashes on my demons. I'll set this entire world on fire and start new if I have to. I'll start new with my Dark Queen by my side.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caddie's POV: