Chapter 10: Suspension

Recap:

"Miss Jones, Mr. Volkov." He addressed us sternly before getting to the point.

"Some students have brought it to our attention that you have used your powers on another student," he paused and gave me a demanding look, "is that true?"

Uh oh...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caddie's POV:

I hesitated for a second. What should I say? Would they believe I was innocent? No, they wouldn't. Not if the Mind Manipulator could read my thoughts. They would know how I purposefully cursed that girl. The Mind manipulator arched her black brow, daring for me to confess more. I cursed myself out in my head. It was so careless for me to forget that she could read my thoughts.

"Don't even lie you wicked witch, we have proof!" Mira's father, the Beta Warrior, snarled.

I froze as a petite sized girl with black hair and an inhumanly beautiful face walked into the room. I immediately recognized her as the girl I had cursed earlier in the day. True to my word her face was reverted back to her original beauty. She gave me a scornful look before disappearing behind the Beta Warrior. The blood drained from my face, my stomach twisted in knots. The HeadMinister cleared his throat. Drawing my attention back to him.

"I wasn't going to lie," I answered truthfully. It would have been impossible to lie with Mind Manipulator standing in the room.

Maddox's mom smirked at my thoughts, but once again never said anything. The HeadMinister nodded his head but our conversation was far from over. My aunt stood beside him, she gave the Beta Warrior the darkest look I had ever seen. His eyes briefly met Heidi's for a moment before he tried to look anything but hers. He may have been composed on the outside, but on the inside he radiating fear.

"Earlier today, I cursed that girl." I decided against saying anything else. I doubted they would listen to my excuses.

"Did you have a justifiable reason?" The HeadMinister inquired with his head cocked to the side.

I started to shake my head when Heidi interrupted. "Clearly the girl did something to anger my heir. She should know her place!" Heidi hissed, she looked deranged with anger.

I was shocked at my aunt's behavior, she was usually so composed. There wasn't a single part of me that had believed that she could act like the monster people said she was. The girl whimpered and cowered behind the Beta Warrior.

"As I agree that our heirs should be respected by our peers I believe that your niece handled the situation in the wrong manner," The HeadMinister's lips were pursed, he clasped his hands together, and sat on top of his large desk.

Heidi said nothing more. However, they say pictures are worth a thousand words. If someone would have taken a picture of her expression it would have equaled a thousand hateful profanities.

"I do like you Caddie. You are a good friend of my granddaughter and a loving family member to on of my fellow council members," a small smile graced his lips before it faded into a solemn expression, "With that said, I believe it would be best to suspend your powers for the time being."

"I do not agree with this at all!" Heidi roared, "You have no right to touch an heir's magic; she is our future!"

Silence filled the room as everyone stood shell shocked. Even though the council members worked as a team it was no secret that the HeadMinister was the leader, he got the final say. Heidi's chest inflated and deflated like a balloon, as she tried to control her anger. Pieces of dirty blonde hair had fallen from her neat bun and framed her face which was twisted with anger. The amount of anger she was feeling was nearly crippling. I took a step back into Dmitri's chest, he wrapped his arms around me in a protective gesture. Dmitri was one of the last people I wanted to protect me but due to the murderous expression on his face I chose not to say anything.