Chapter 34: Back From The Dead

Recap:

"Didn't I ask you to wear a dress the next time we saw each other, Lyubov Moyà?" A familiar voice whispered in my ear.

I stopped breathing, hot tears burned in the back of my eyes. My heart pounded against my ribs, as if it were trying to escape the horrible situation.
I tried to move but he pulled me into his steel tight embrace. He held me prisoner and the worst part was that I didn't even want to get away.

"C-Cam," I stuttered as his lips crashed into mine.
----------------------------------------------
Caddie's POV:

Cam was alive... and he was kissing me?

That was the only thing my stupid brain could process in the middle of my lustful haze. I didn't remember that Nox Haven's charred pieces were being swept away by Massachusetts's gusty winds- nor did I think of all of the grave's that were being dug for the people who died. My mind was too focused on the light feathery touches of Cam's lips against mine.

Feeling his warm body pressed against mine, sent my heart into a frenzy. There was a moment when it felt like my heart was trying to break free from my rib cage, and attach itself to Cam. His nose bumped mine as he tried to deepen the kiss. I didn't reject him, simply because my body didn't know how to. My face combusted into flames when I grabbed his impressively large biceps. He definitely was not the gangly teenager, I remember from last year.

He nipped at my bottom lip, causing me to yelp and jump away. I stood in front of him, with my eyes glued to the floor. He wasn't wearing his favorite pair of motorcycle boots, I noted distantly. He preferred to wear his motor boots over every other footwear- and yet he had swapped them out for a more fashionable pair of 100 mile lace up boots. I didn't know much about fashion, except for what Alix had shown me in the past, but I was positive his new shoes were worth more than his old truck.

"I missed you," Cam whispered.

Tears stung in the back of my eyes as I tried to gather my wits. The fantasy started to fade, when I quickly remembered that I was in Chernobyl, fighting a war against the Dark Ones. He's alive but oh how I wished he would have stayed dead. All the happiness his memory brought me, disappeared.

Cam's voice hardened when he spoke again. His aggravation was rising almos as fast as his blood pressure.

"Didn't you miss me?"

Slowly, I lifted my head from the ground and scrutinized every detail and flaw he had. He looked vaguely similar to the boy I once cared about- but there were too many differences. They couldn't even be distant relatives. Unlike his mindless drones, he wore an expensive pair of trousers and a well-tailored maroon sweater. His hair was neatly kept, it looked so different from his usual disheveled appearance. My first glimpse at his face made me do a double take. He looked so...clean.

I was used to his rugged beauty and stubble on his chin. But now the stubble gone and his ruggedly handsome features were simply 'handsome'. Beauty had become extremely unimpressive at that point in my life. I had met many people in the supernatural community whose beauty could not compensate for their ugly personality. Mira, Dmitri and Aleksander were founding members of that group. And even though I knew that all of them had more depth than I originally thought, that did not erase their daft moments in the past.

"I do miss you," I said, "I miss you so much."

A grin broke out on Cam's face, making him look more like the boy I used to love. 'Used to' were the key words. I used to love him, but he was gone. I gazed into his eyes, hoping to find the werewolf who boy elicited a feeling of happiness within me- but he was gone. His piercing golden eyes were replace will dull black ones. They reminded me of my aunt's eyes.