Chapter 6: Sweet Reunions

Recap:

The tornado sucked the girl into its icy depths, spinning her around a few times before it spat her out. Her small body laid limply on the floor, the only way I knew she was alive was from the steady rise and fall of her chest. When she slowly pushed herself to her feet the room gasped. Her body looked was frail and weak, every bone was exposed to the naked eye. Her dark hair had turned silver and was falling out of her head, her eyes were hollow and her cheeks sunk in. When she opened her mouth to speak I could see a row of pointed teeth. She tried to scream but it came out as hiss.

"Don't worry," I said softly, "you'll only stay like this for a few minutes, but there's your proof."

I skipped to my seat with a gleeful smile on my face. Most of the students stared at me in horror but the other heirs shared smug looks with me. Maybe it wasn't the nicest thing for me to do to her, but it was the funniest. The only person who didn't look amused was Aleksander, he still clutched the fork tightly in his hand and refused to meet my eye. His jaw clenched and his eyes were shut. Was he angry with me? Why? I was simply standing up for myself. As I thought that his eyes opened and he looked at me with disappointment. I squirmed nervously in my seat and thought over my actions. Once I came down the high of my magic it hit me, I just used my powers for my own sadistic pleasure!

**************************************************************************

Unknown POV:

I watched Caddie with a deep fascination as she gave in to the dark temptation of her powers. This was exactly what I wanted; gone was her old shy exterior. She had shed it for tougher skin that fit the role of The Dark Witch even better. I watched her bounce up the steps of the platform and proudly take her seat. She seemed as satisfied as I was with her magical display. My eyes drifted to the poor creature that sat on the stairs- crying hysterically. She was weak and vain, the curse Caddie gave her was well deserved.

She screamed in horror and balled her eyes out, I should have felt an inkling of empathy- but I didn't. After all, it was I who made her tempt Caddie's patience. Caddie reacted just as I hoped she would, her self-control was slipping and soon enough she wouldn't think twice about blowing someone up out of spite. Her eyes pleaded with me to remove the curse, I rose from my seat and sauntered down the platform. A wicked grin came across my face as I met eye contact with the girl and left her stranded.

The invisibility spell I placed over myself made it easy for me to slip around Nox Haven without having anyone see me. I couldn't imagine the panic that would arise if somebody saw me walking down the hall. The only problem was dealing with people like the sniveling creature on the floor. She had a special gift of sight- meaning her mind could not be easily manipulated. She was the only one that could see me. It was a good thing my persuasion tactics didn't involve breaking the mind.

My legs carried me out of the cafeteria, the awkward tension in the air was too much for me too handle. Some people were impressed with Caddie's ferocity, others were petrified. Those that weren't scared of her power, were too ignorant to understand just how dangerous she could be. In some ways she was more dangerous than Kimone. Kimone could destroy an entire planet if she wished but Caddie was able to destroy people in a more intimate way. She could kill them in the most horrific ways, feeding off of their fear. Black magic was a powerful force to reckon with, that was one of the main reason why I started to use it. I refused to be weak anymore, and this power I now possessed strengthened me. Yes, the power was addictive but I was strong- I could hold off the threat of insanity.

I'm still perfectly fine, I reminded myself. I didn't spaz out like the witches and warlocks in the dungeons did. My master taught how to keep a firm grip on reality and push away my crazed fantasies. As long as I didn't go off the deep no one in Nox Haven would realize the difference in me. I would only need to keep them from the truth for a little longer until everything fell into place.

I stopped in front of two large wooden doors with intricate designs trimming the edges. My first impulse was to open the door, but I know my master wouldn't approve. Fear swelled within as I remembered the last time I made that mistake.

"Come in," a hoarse voice rasped from the other side of the door.

The door swung open without having me touch it. A thick smell of rotting flesh and incense bombarded my senses. The only source of light of emitted from a few black candles positioned in a circular shape. In the middle of the of the circle sat my master, I bowed my head in submission and waited for my turn to speak. Master's eyes were entirely black, informing me that the demon was in control of master's body.

"How was our little prodigy today?" Master questioned, giving me a knowing smirk.

"She is incredible, master. Her gift is developing at an astonishing rate, as is her carnal instincts. If this continues on she will be ready sooner than we anticipated."

Master's black eyes sparkled with excitement, this was exactly what we wanted. The cloaked figure rose and its hands towards the candle flames. The flames grew until the molded together. I could no longer see master, instead a visual appeared in the fire.

Caddie's face was rapt with intense pleasure as she stared at her prey. The humans in front of her trembled, they pled for her mercy but she didn't believe in such a thing. A mischievous smirk was bestowed upon her face as she agreed to her pleas; they sighed in relief. They started to walk away and once they turned their backs to her that's when she struck. Their lifeless bodies fell to the floor and Caddie cackled maliciously. She looked down the hill they were standing on an smiled wickedly as she saw the town she decimated....

My legs trembled weakly, I wanted this to happen more than anything. This was would happen, I firmly believed. As long as she didn't stray to far from the path she was walking down. Once the master passed on Caddie and I would rule; all of the humans would be killed and all the supernatural races would control the world. The flames died out and I could once again see my master's hooded figure.

"What do we need to do for that to happen." I practically begged.

"We need to remind her that her pain isn't over," we shared a sadistic look, "why don't you bring the dog back?"

**I'm so sorry for being late and I know this chapter is short but it is sort of important!! There are a few hints in this chapter I hope you can figure them out. Please comment and vote!!**