Chapter 8: Unexpected Outcomes

Recap:

"The body has been dead for about nine months. The soul seems to be lingering, but doesn't want to talk to me. I can sense dark magic around his body." She swallowed hard and looked me directly in the eye, "He's also a werewolf. Which would leads me to presume that this is Mr. Cameron Ross."

A scream flooded the room, I didn't register that it was mine. I was to busy trying to fight the pain that erupted in my chest. I stared into the lifeless orbs of the corpse, gone was his dry smiles and eyes filled with hope. He was truly dead. Tears fell down my cheeks at a rapid pace. I tried to look away but I couldn't; it was my fault that he was dead.

"Caddie," a voice murmured in my ear.

I looked at the owner of the voice and was immediately filled with rage and hurt. Aleksander looked broken as he glanced at Cam, but that only fueled my anger. He had no reason to be upset over his death, Cam never meant anything to him. No one meant anything to Aleksander, he was nothing but a selfish asshole who never cared about anything but himself. I never should have saved him! My heart palpitated in my chest. I stared at him with wide eyes when I realized that I said that out loud.

"I'm so sorry Caddie. I never wanted your friend to die, but I didn't want to die either," his voice was weak, later I would feel bad that he was on the verge of crying.

But I couldn't care at that moment. I stormed out of the cafeteria, tears soaked my cheeks, sparks of electricity started to fly from palms. I missed him, I missed him so much. A phrase my dad used to tell me came to mind, you never know how much something means to you until it's gone. Yeah dad, perhaps that's the one time you were right. I continued to venture further into the castle until I no longer knew where I was. Most of the lights were turned off, a cold feeling filtered through the air. Something was very wrong.

"You look lost... Mhmm how unfortunate for you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caddie's POV:

I raised my hands in the air, ready to attack the person in the shadows if necessary. My anger was still at a frenzied level and I knew my opponent wouldn't stand a chance. In fact my subconscious was silently hoping that he tried to attack me, I needed a way to expel my anger.

He chuckled deeply and raised his arms in a surrendering motion, "Don't shoot."

He still hid in the shadows, avoiding any kind of organic light. His comment deterred me; if he meant any harm he would have attacked me already, right? I lowered my hands slowly but the magic building in my system didn't slow. He didn't seem like a threat, he felt amused, a tinge of fear and thirst? That was weird, I usually never felt hunger or thirst as emotions unless it was incredibly intense.

"Who are you?" I asked hesitantly.

He stalled, making my breath quicken. I couldn't help but worry about his thirst, it only seemed to be intensifying. Should I offer him a drink? I was pretty sure the the cafeteria served free beverages to all students.

"I'm known as Robbie in this century, but I believe my first name Roberto." His voice was voice smooth and entrancing, I nearly took a step a closer to him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," he hissed.

I flinched away from the sound and pressed my back against a wooden support beam. The thirst only grew, as did my concern. However I know longer feared for his wellbeing- but for mine.