Chapter 5: Heiress Caddie Bose

Caddie's POV

My feet slowly guided me to my next class. The next class haunted my nightmares and awakened fear just from hearing it's name. There couldn't be a greater evil than math class. I was highly tempted to skip for the rest of the year but the only thing I feared more than math was angering my aunt. A shiver ran down my spine at the thought of her finding out I had skipped a class. By the time I had made it to the classroom most of the students had already taken their seats. I silently sulked as I noticed the only available seats were in the front row. I welcomed the sense of fear that washed over the crowd of people as they took in my presence. All of the sophomores knew who I was, only a few of the advanced freshmen were confused. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my book to read.

The teacher, an oversized woman with severe frown lines, was about to start the class the when the door flew open. I didn't have to look up from my book to know who just walked in. The mood shifted from fear to unwavering lust. My stomach knotted as my hands gripped the sides of my book tighter. On both of my sides two chairs were pulled out and seated in. Curiosity got the best of me as I looked up and saw a grinning Dmitri, seated on my right side, and a smirking Aleksander- seated on my left.

Somebody in heaven hates me.

"Well," the teacher cleared her throat, "it is an honor have three royals in my class." She looked flustered as Aleksander switched his attention to her. I had the urge to vomit, at the middle aged woman's inappropriate behavior.

"We're honored to be here," Aleksander said with his alluring Russian accent.

You're honored to be here, I corrected in my head. There was nothing I wanted to do more than jump out of the window. I tensed as I felt a hand wrap around my shoulders. Dmitri gave my shoulder a reassuring squeeze and then rubbed my back in a soothing manner. I have him a weak smile and mouthed 'thank you'. Aleksander watched our exchange with an intense stare.

The teacher giggled like a schoolgirl and carried on with her speech, "my name is Mrs. Calloway and this is algebra 2."

She turned away from the class and wrote out a few example problems on the chalkboard. I scribbled the problems onto my notebook and attempted to solve them. Ten minutes later and zero problems solved I heard a chuckle from my left.

"Do you need any help, Lyubov Muva? Aleksander whispered seductively in my ear. I managed to successfully suppress a shiver, there was no way in hell I was going to let him see how much he effected me.

"Are you talking to me? Because I'm pretty sure last year it was you who needed the help," I said flippantly.

The class gasped at my cruel words. I winced knowing that I had gone way to far over nothing. Why couldn't my mouth stay closed? Aleksander's gorgeous features were marred by the dark look he gave me. Dmitri snickered beside me at the sight of his brother's wounded ego. Even though it was beautiful to see arrogant people get pushed back on to earth with the rest of us peasants I couldn't take any pleasure in his pain. Over the summer I had waited patiently for Aleksander to reach out to me. I didn't understand anything about our connection, but I had thought he would be interested in figuring it out. Instead he carried on with his perfect life and forgot all about last year.

"No, but seriously Cads do you want any help?" Dmitri said after his laughter died down.

I frowned at the problems on the paper; it was humiliating to ask for help on math. I could dissemble the human body with a quick touch but I couldn't solve inequalities for the life of me. No matter what anyone says about my powers, they aren't as evil as numbers.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be juniors? Why are you in a sophomore math class?" I asked in a clipped tone.

"Since you just carelessly brought last year up, you should understand that I couldn't go to class," Aleksander matched my tone.