Chapter 32: I'm Sorry

**Aleksander and Caddie**

Recap:

Bob slipped the blood filled vile into his pocket and said, "I believe they are hiding at Chernobyl. There has been a lot of Dark One activity in that area recently."

------

"When Dmitri was a little boy he would visit Chernobyl all the time with his best friend."

At first I was confused by the significance of that detail. That was until he continued on.

"Chernobyl was a safe place for both of them. No one else visited- they called it their lair."

A haunted look flashed before Aleksander's eyes as he relived his childhood memories. His hand gripped mine tightly. Whatever he saw only solidified his theory. There was someone hiding in the Volkov twins past, somebody dark and dangerous. Whoever that person may be was the only one capable of setting an entire castle and half of a city on fire. This person, the Dark One, was the only one who was comfortable enough to hide in Chernobyl.

"Who is this person?" I begged for him to answer me with my eyes.

Aleksander sighed. He was reluctant and afraid. The name was on the tip of his tongue but he couldn't force it out.

Turning away from me, slightly ashamed, he murmured a name I never imagined hearing. He said a name I only mentioned in my prayers or in my dreams.

"Cameron."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**WARNING: Since this story is told through Caddie's perspective we know all of her thoughts. The beginning of this chapter takes place with Caddie having a panic attack- which means all of her thoughts are jumbled and panicked. I wanted to explain why, just in case you guys get confused and think Caddie is using her mind.**

Caddie's POV:

A laugh bubbled within my chest, until I could no longer contain it. Nothing about what Aleksander said was funny. But my mind could only handle so much before it would crack. I had the option between laughing like a lunatic and crying until my eyes fell out. My eyes were tired of crying, so I chose to laugh at my horrific life.

I deserve this, I told myself. This is what you get for being a wicked witch. Everything I do, everything I touch is destroyed or tainted.

I can't...

I can't...

I couldn't breathe, blink or think properly. Static filled my brain as everything started to fall apart. I didn't realize Bob and Aleksander had stopped walking. I didn't even realize I had fallen to the ground until Aleksander wrapped his arms around me.

I can't...

I can't...

I can't do this anymore!

My laughter turned to sobs as I curled myself into a tight ball. He was wrong! He was just lying! That's all he ever does, he lies and manipulates people! I continued to scream in my head. My brain seemed to be vibrating in my skull. The voices were becoming to much. They wouldn't shut up, they wouldn't be quiet! I just wanted them to be quiet!