Awkward

Your pov

Tori had invited me to her family's thanksgiving celebration. I couldn't really say no, seeing as her already told her family I was going to attend so no point of being rude and not showing up.

I was very nervous to be honest, it was the first time meeting Tori's entire family (which was pretty big). The first time I met her parents was pretty nerve wracking and this is 2x.

"Calm down y/n, your going to be great. My parents already adore you so the rest will love you too." Tori trying to calm my jitteriness down (slightly worked till she muttered "unless you mention a team of football, then all hell breaks loose").

We arrive at the destination shortly after Tori's pep talk. We took a moment in front of the door for Tori, to once again, give me another pep talk.

"Just act like yourself, stay calm and we can last week," Tori gave a kiss on the lips as a promise.

Ironically, her grandma (I believe) opened the door when we were kissing. We broke away the kids when we heard her cough (of course blushing like teenagers).

Tori's grandma I guess, ignored that heat action and pulled us into the packed house.

"Tori and her hot friend is here," she shouted out (she has a surprisingly strong voice for an elderly).

(The comment of me being called as a 'hot friend' caught me off guard)

Tori's parents came around the corners to greet us with warm welcomes. "Ah, Tori and y/n, your finally here. The party is just starting."

"Hello, Mr and Mrs. Kelly, it's nice to see you again."

smack

"It's Laura and Allwyn, dear. You are basically part of the family," Mrs. Ke- I mean Laura scolded me, including a smack to the arm.

"I like her already, you guys look like very nice friends," Tori's grandma popping out of nowhere.

"Umm, grams y/n and I aren't really friends," Tori tries to reason with her grandma.

"Then what are you guys? Roommates?"

"No, well it's both? We are more that friends," once again Tori trying to explain that we are dating in a nice, simple, less awkward, manner (do you sense the sarcasm?).

Her grandmother goes wide eye "Oh. ... You mean gal pals?"

Gal pals?

Oh gal pals.

Tori and I nod our heads (with a dash of embarrassment).

"Well alright then, just don't go frickle-frackling under my roof," she stares down at us.

Immediately, Tori and I look away in embarrassment. Tori's parents and grandmother starts laughing and walking away mention how they were just making fun of us.

Oh god, I pray that I can last a week here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n- gal pals man. I want one but fate says hell no. Also, wattpad is being a loser I can't see any comments :( on mobile.
USA pals have a great thanksgiving (if you celebrate it) and stay safe for Black Friday.

Have a great day and stay strong