Manhattan

Inspired by:
Manhattan- Sara Bareilles
N Y L A- blackbear
^^ long distance relationship songs will make you emo af

super bad editing ad grammar bc oh look it's 1am. also omg tori tweeted me and it was so funny. i'm still alive and writing somehow
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2nd POV

tori sat on the edge of the bed watching you pack away clothes into your luggage. her faces sadden at each shirt you fold and frowns when you grab one of hers.

"LA to NY, 2800 miles apart, 3 time zones apart," tori whispered. it sounded like she was whispering more to herself than to you. she lay down on the bed staring at the ceiling thinking how this relationship could work out. it could right? all those stories of people who could do long distance, how?

you stopped folding and looked at tori you sighed for a moment before asking, "what's wrong tori?"

"you'll be asleep at the time i'm awake" tori said quietly. you thought for a moment then climbed into the bed cuddling next to her. you both laid there in silence none of you dared to talk.

"you know you could stay here with me" tori spoke up startling you after the long silence.

"you know I can't," you said in the gentlest voice afraid you might start crying. you grabbed tori's hand and started rubbing your thumb in a circle on her hand. it was habit you did when you're nervous. a habit that tori loved and wouldn't considered it a bad habit.

"yeah you're right. you deserve manhattan i know it's what you want" tori turned to face your and with her free hand started to softly stroke you cheek

"what would I do without you?"

"you'll be fine. you'd be busy with your career. you've earned this" you both knew where this had to end up. you and tori just wanted to stall it or wish it wasn't happening

"we can make it work. i know we can. a little distance and time zones can't hurt us." tori sounding more convincing to herself than to you.

"tori stop and think about this. think about it carefully," y/n sounding seriously while staring right at tori.

tori fidgeted around, "i-i have. look LA to NY is just one plane ride away. you don't even have to fly over i'll just come to you," tori sounded more and more excited as she thought of it.

"tori, hun. i hate to be a downer but your career. do you really think you can take time off just to fly over to me." you shook her head hating herself for making tori sad. Tori smile slowly died down as the reality came upon her. "it's for the best"

"it's for the best" she kept on repeating.

"i guess you can have manhattan. it's for the best." tori closed her eyes and breathed deeply she didn't want to let go. she knew her career required sacrifices but this one she didn't want to.

"you can have LA. i know how much you love the beaches and the waves," you  tried to cheer her up. tori still had her eyes closed she didn't want to face reality

"tori, i can't be the one hold you back. the world deserves to know your talent," you reminded her.

"there isn't a world without you in it"

you started to tear up. you coughed to clear your throat so your voice didn't sound so shaky.
"why don't we sleep on this. we can continue this tomorrow," tori nodded her head and shuffled under the blankets wrapping you tightly.

you sighed. this is going be a long night.

you couldn't sleep not even a wink. you were still tightly wrapped in tori's arms. you tried to gently wiggle and pry yourself out. tori just frowned in her sleep and cuddled closer. you stoped for a minute or two thinking of a way out. once you figured it out, all you needed to do was whisper to tori that you needed to go to the bathroom and you were free.

the first thing you did was look at the clock. it was 2:26am. your flight was at 4. you still had a few things to pack. you really regret doing this to tori. but you had to. for both of you

you tried your best to quietly pack all your things. 2:26 went on to 3:00 am. you took one last look at your- well now tori's apartment. you felt heart heart break into pieces. when do think is the next time you'll see this place? you quickly scribbled down a letter to tori before tip toeing out the door to catch your uber.

you felt sorry tori. you thought it was better for her to not know. 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

when tori woke up and felt around the bed she couldn't feel you around. tori looked up and around not finding her girlfriend anywhere. she first thought you were just out getting breakfast because that's was something you would normally do but then the panic settled in when she saw a few things missing.

she scrambled out of bed checking every room with more things missing. she looked around the living room to see a letter on the coffee table with her name on it with a  familiar handwriting. ot was your handwriting

tori didn't dare open it. she just laughed this had to be prank. you were terrible at pranks but maybe you had someone else help you so it could be this good.

"haha good prank you can come out now" tori said out loud praying someone would. but no, she was just talking to herself in her apartment.

"no no no" she said running her hand through her hair. she sat on the couch staring at the letter.

your in manhattan aren't you.

tori was already crying before she could even open the letter all the way.

dear tori,

i'm sorry, i know i'm a huge asshole.
i had to do it this way. this was the only way. please, just forget about me. we both know we were looking for something different. we were just afraid of the change. i was just weighing down on your success.

i don't regret loving you I hope you know that.

i'm sorry i had to go like this.

with all my love,
Y/n