Mornings with you

Mornings are dreadful. Morning means you have to start the day and put some effort in. Mornings suck, especially when your girlfriend was away for tour and not next to you in bed. However, this morning was different.

I looked down at the blonde mess that was covering my chest. Tori's home. She came home yesterday. I could see how exhausted she was from the very dark circles under her eyes. I made her sleep right away and she hasn't woken up ever since. I probably should wake her up to check if she's even alive but she seems peaceful so I won't.

I tried to slowly and carefully move Tori off of me but it was difficult since she is clutching me very tightly. I had to lay in bed for a few more minutes till Tori herself had moved off of me. I got out of bed and quietly placed more pillows and blankets on her.

I walked out to kitchen wondering what to eat for breakfast. Should I make a big breakfast and have Tori eat breakfast in bed? Or keep it simple and make cereal? Since it is morning time and I hadn't have my cup coffee yet I chose the latter. A bowl of cereal can satisfy an adult hunger right?

I poured a bowl of cereal and milk and sat at the table bored. Every so often I would glance at my phone.

8:05
8:06
*crunch, crunch*
8:06

I rolled my eyes from what I was doing and picked up my bowl moving to the living room. Might as well watch some cartoons to entertain myself. Turning on the tv, I saw Disney channel and their pathetic excuses for shows, some smart channels talking about history and bones. I turned to Cartoon Network as they had some what worthy of shows to watch.

Time had passed and I was on my second bowl and Tori still hadn't awaken yet.

I laughed at the tv screen and heard something behind me but chose to ignored it. The sound got closer and closer till I see this blob next to me on the couch.

"Babe, you awake," I asked Tori who curled up besides me with the blankets wrapped around her.

I couldn't really hear an answer besides a groan. She slowly inched closer to me and made her way into my lap and slept on me.

"Do you at least want cereal?" I tried to hold her and the cereal bowl together. I felt the moment of her head going up and down. I got a spoonful and slowly fed her trying not to spill.

I went back to watching cartoon while occasionally feeding Tori my cereal.

I really like mornings like these.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes I disappear like Tori disappearing from the world and leaving us empty on Twitter.